Where to get ethonal-free gasoline

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can always get some thru VP
That is if you cannot locate a gas station that carries it.

VP is expensive but has a good shelf life best I can remember. My nearest dealer is in Fayettville,NC. But he ships whatever I may need up to a certain amount.

I just completed a search for EtOH free gas myself. No pump gas stations around me carried it. If you think you do find a pump gas station, I would test it before I got too excited. I think some places lag when it comes to updating signs. Or, they may think they have EtOH free gas but in fact dont.

Check motorcycle shops/tracks, kart racing tracks, race fuel suppliers, and marinas. If none of those work, various companies sell EtOH gas by the 5 gallon pail or quart canister: VP race fuels, Stihl, Walrmart, etc. They seem to be range around $5-8 per quart or $10-20/gallon.

Good luck.

There is a lot of information on the site about using AV gas in chainsaws.

http://www.google.com/search?q=AV+g...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Last edited:
Guess im lucky. I have two stations within 5 miles. One of them only has it in 87 octane though. The other one has 87 89 and 93. :D

If you're ever through SW Virginia, I'll hook you up.

Yup. Do a search on here about using av-gas in saws. There are several threads and quite bit of information.

I wouldn't use aviation fuel in a chain saw as it contains lead. You will be breathing in fumes laced with lead directly into your body. If it was some other type of power equipment where your head wasn't a few feet away from the exhaust that would be a different story.

If you think you do find a pump gas station, I would test it before I got too excited. I think some places lag when it comes to updating signs. Or, they may think they have EtOH free gas but in fact dont.

Maybe not where you live, but around here there are a number of gas stations selling real ethanol-free gas. Where I work we buy it by the 500 gallon tankful for our fleet of boats, from the same people who sell it to the gas stations.

thank you all for your replies! very helpful. Looked at the VP and trufuel, nice that they come premiixed! That'll save me time

Latest posts

Back