Where to get Gransfors Bruk Axes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highlandwoodworking

JapanWoodworker

Gransfors :: Duluth Pack

amazon

If you're looking at Gransfors Bruks, look into Wetterlings as well. Both these Swedish axe makers are good.

Mod edit: removed non-sponsor links

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a gransfors bruks from amazon, didn't know they had axes, this internet stuff is pretty cool what you can do with it.

I got the american felling axe. It was expensive but for quality you have to pay. I haven't heard nothing but good things about these axes. I figure it'll outlast me and I can pass it down for generations. I still have my grandpappys maul and my great great grandfather's still from 1891. So I gotta be able to pass something down that's high quality.

Awwwww, c'mon that video's ony been posted like ten million times!

Depending on what you're wanting to do with it, the large forest axe is hard to beat. Also nice to order from a sponsor where you can.

Shaun

That one good for pounding in wedges? Gransfors Bruks swears never to use an ax for driving wedges, but I think they mean steel wedges for wood splitting. But then again my hard-head wedges have a steel insert on the top so I wonder if that would mushroom the axe...

That one good for pounding in wedges? Gransfors Bruks swears never to use an ax for driving wedges, but I think they mean steel wedges for wood splitting. But then again my hard-head wedges have a steel insert on the top so I wonder if that would mushroom the axe...

#### man, that's just character

Got back from work today, and my Gransfors Bruks American felling axe has arrived already! took two days! pretty cool. It's black outside now, so I won't venture back into the woods to cut a tree down today, will save that for the weekend when I can see what I'm doing...but from looking at it and feeling it, the quality is just great.

after coating the handle with some linseed oil I had to go do something with it. So put on a headlamp and I cut a few branches off a blue spruce that I was going to do with a chainsaw this weekend, then I walked back into the woods apiece and cut down this 12 inch dbh basswood that's been kinda in the way of my fourwheeler trail. I like the axe alot so far.

Latest posts

Back