Where to you find saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonCraig

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Edit: title should say "do". Stupid thumbs.

I usually find saws to work on through Craigslist. I came across one older gentleman who was cleaning out a barn. I drove 90 minutes each way to buy ~15 saws from him.

Where do you guys find fuel for your CAD habit?

One saw from a rummage sale and one from Craigslist.

Site members and site sponsors are mostly responsible for my delinquently lol.

I have gotten several saws from customers that want something lighter then they have now. Kijiji ( much like craiglist is another way. People will buy what they hope is a bargain but then bring it in only to find the cost to get it running exceeds the cost of the saw. I find the most interesting way is when I am asked to clean up some storm damage and given several saws that have sat in the shed doing nothing.

I pulled a 1 yr old non running Husky 450 out of my dumpster ....bad coil. 3 minute fix. Most aren't that easy.

I fix and sell saws locally for a little extra cash, and in the ad I put that I take trade ins. I get a lot of decent saws that way. Just picked up 4 Poulan pros yesterday. 2 42cc and 2 46cc saws. Nothing special, but they will cut wood after a little work.

E-bay and Craigslist have been my sources. I've found some pretty good deals. If it has spark, most of the stuff just needs fuel lines and a clean carb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back