Where's the screen on my Stihl ms251c?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samaritan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
When I took the muffler off of my Stihl ms251c, I couldn't find the screen at first, then I did, not typical I'd say, here it is, it slides in thumbnail (2).jpeg

Glad you posted this. I have a 251c that I have hardly run, but its spark screen is clear. I cannot imagine that yours is typical, and I seldom run into this on a chain saw. Heat generally burns off that grime. Could be that you are running much to rich. Just a possibility.

Glad you posted this. I have a 251c that I have hardly run, but its spark screen is clear. I cannot imagine that yours is typical, and I seldom run into this on a chain saw. Heat generally burns off that grime. Could be that you are running much to rich. Just a possibility.
Probably, its been smellin real rich, I couldn't get any adjustment on the carb, I just replaced it now

Here's a muffler spark screen that I cleaned up from a Stihl leaf blower:
1668792401861.jpeg
It was so clogged up it was black like yours. The engine would not even pop. I've cleaned up and replaced half a dozen of them. Mixed fuel works pretty good as a solvent to dissolve that grime.

Latest posts

Back