Where's WYK been, and what trouble is he making?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
come on everybody know that pft...

We should be careful, next thing people will be wearying homemade yellow hats and demanding chocolate milk be all natural again... waiting in big crowds because we "promised" to make our identity known and lead them to the revolution at the 2028 super bole half time show...

come on everybody know that pft...

We should be careful, next thing people will be wearying homemade yellow hats and demanding chocolate milk be all natural again... waiting in big crowds because we "promised" to make our identity known and lead them to the revolution at the 2028 super bole half time show...
You misspelled bole, is supposed to have two E's.😝

So....

Tried to play some tennis today. Some of you know it was the only sport I was ever really good at. I used to play back in college. Well, I played for a year. I just didn't have the time and money or talent to stretch it out any more than that.
Anyways - I just can not get enough air. And I do not have any of the strength I had before covid. I just feel so weak and exhausted. I can't really play singles at this point. It's like someone's drained a bunch of the oxygen out of the atmosphere. Yer OK until ya start to do any real work.

Do you think there’s any chance you’ll be able to do enough aerobic exercise to get any of that back?

We'll have to see. I coughed up a bit as well. I suppose it could be some scarring or damage that hopefully can heal.
I was OK playing doubles the other day since you don't run so much. But yesterday, I just died on the court.
It's just very frustrating. But I guess I can at least try. Loads of folks suffered far worse.

So I ported a very plasticky saw the other day. An EFCO MT5200. Stock, they gots cats in them and not a lot of compression. So this thing had no business sporting an 18 inch 325 bar. Ported..not too bad. Well, until it eats itself, at least.

The wood is a touch grabby, and I may be slacking on the chain tension side. But you get the idea. These are like 350 new stateside.

Psh, ain't nuttin goin on here. I think I can say I avoided 'long covid' mostly. Mostly. Chest hurts a bit when I wind myself, but it gets better all the time. Not as lethargic as I was. Joints even better. Now if I could just find a way to rid these allergies...

How are folks?

We have an MS290 on the estate that is very old and the carb has started to flood. I was gonna replace the carb because it is so old, but not even Tillotson have any in stock. Was considering porting it since I got to replace the impulse anyways, but geez is this a mess to pull apart...Who the hell designed this thing?

Here's a random pic of Arlo:

172584853.OTbEwckE.jpg

Also, this happened on the internet:

That was a really well explained and technical video!

I don’t think they have the gear reduction right though. That engine would be happier at a higher rpm, and could probably get another 20-30% if it was in its power band.

72D16065-8DDE-4C84-8148-52D6A52C8DBC.jpeg

I ended up with a couple more dogs, whippet crosses. They wear Snort the herding mutt out most of the time. The skinny one is very, very fast. He’s just not border collie smart like Snort is.

I miss what I used to do.

Considering becoming a federal employee. Also considering going back into business. I’ve even developed a plan and talked to my Cat guy about the ~$800K in equipment I’d need to get going anywhere close to where I was for just one project. I even sold my pipe saw, that was a mistake. Also considering going to work for a top 5 global contractor. It’s nice to have options, not nice to have people call me asking if I’m interested in working for them.

I am still very upset at the finale of Killing Eve.

So late last month, almost like a light switch, I started feeling much better. Started to train harder and harder in the tennis. Yeah, I'm old and arthritic, so that meant 3 times a week vs 2. But it did help to lose weight and that in turn meant my bones felt better as well.
So 2 weeks ago a bud of mine asked me to join him in the club doubles championships after he and I did really well in the social matches.
I said why not - I got plenty of anti inflammatories anyways.
Long story short, we went in to the club doubles finals last Saturday. One of the opponents was serving so hard it hurt my wrist to return it, but I just kept on keeping on. Eventually we managed a win. It's very rewarding to win a club match at my age, especially since I was the oldest guy out there.

Back