Which 2 stroke oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskyman4k

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I always use Husqvarna or Stihl brand 2 stroke oil at 50-1 and never had any problem with wear.
Reading on another forum there is mention of amsoil at 100-1?
So I looked into it more and found people useing this oil regular at these very lean mixtures so thought I would ask on here your thoughts and what oil you all use, and the reason why you use it. Is it cost or because you have used the same oil and stuck with it (as I have) after all why change a good thing when your not having any problems.

Looking forward to your reply :confused:

Husky, you shouldn't have asked that here, or even in Chainsaws where it has been asked my times than you could imagine.

You have no idea how many loaded barrels with fingers on hair triggers are pointed in your direction.

In the green bar above, slightly right of centre is "Search"
Type in "oil"

Husky, you shouldn't have asked that here, or even in Chainsaws where it has been asked my times than you could imagine.

You have no idea how many loaded barrels with fingers on hair triggers are pointed in your direction.

Pretty much the same as asking the same question on the motocrosser boards then:agree2:

Or given that you are in the UK you could use Aspen 2T fuel

The fumes are virtually harmless, it's much better for the saw and can be stored for years.

All that and it's only double the price :dizzy:

Probably not a good idea to start using it in a older saw as it can dislodge internal carbon build-ups and damage the engine, but OK in a newish saw.

I'm still running Stihl at 50:1 and using using only gas treated with marine quality fuel stabilizer. Had a lot of carb problems but the stabilizer seems to have helped a lot. Blame it on ethanol...

:cheers:

Back