Which Backpack blower?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Dolmar Backpack blower and I like it very well. I think it is this model
Dolmar PB7601.4 straight 4 cycle no mix. Starts easy lots of power check the
specs. Cannot compare it to other backpack models only one Ive had works for me.
Just my 2 cents

I've had the 580 for a few years. I also use it to clear off snow from the cars and 4 inches or less (powder) on the driveway. Sometimes it's all I have, as my snow blower blew the auger belts this year and last year it was a cable and so on.

This thing is a beast but the gas mileage is low. Also heavy. I can't imagine using this commercially. I'm big but getting old.

It is also hard to start if left in the garage and it is 25 degrees or less outside (whatever that translates to in the garage). If put in the basement for an hour or so, then 2 pulls. Otherwise 6 to 11, depending.

I don't have a choke on mine, just the bubble. A choke would make all the difference in the world.

My 580 has a choke and a bubble. I don't really mind the weight, as long as I have the waist and chest straps buckled.
And you want to talk about power? Wow! The 580 will peel up sod if you're not careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back