Which Husqvarna??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
372xp

I first had a 55 Rancher (2001). Last Summer I got a 372xp with a 24" bar and got an 18" bar for it. Both saws 3/8 pitch and .058 ga. so I can run same chains on all saws. I will say the 372 with the 18" bar easily makes 2 cuts to every one the 55 will do. I liked my 372XP so much that I bought another with NO bar and put the 24" on it I had. Also picked up a spare 18" large mount from Oregon. The 346XP can be set up for 3/8 pitch for about $10.00 keep this in mind for a multi-saw plan....run the same pitch and Gauge chains so they are all compatible with each other. Good luck!

well i have made my decision... i cant decide between the 372xp and the 346 so i bought both of them and ill get the 455 for a drag around jeepin saw thank you guys for your time and sorry for every one that was leaning me towards stihl i have worked with them for to long and hate the endless breather cleaning but they are good saws

... Stay away from the Stihl 361 I don't like the intellicarb crap, besides husky has better air filtration.

If it has "intellicarb" (never heard that it has), it kicks in only when the air filter is really dirty - and that filter is large, and very easy to get most of the dirt off - this is a total non-issue if you are semi-conscious or better.

well i have made my decision... i cant decide between the 372xp and the 346 so i bought both of them and ill get the 455 for a drag around jeepin saw thank you guys for your time and sorry for every one that was leaning me towards stihl i have worked with them for to long and hate the endless breather cleaning but they are good saws

:clap::clap::clap:

You just can't beat the saw lineup you've invested in. Now get out there and let the chips fly!!!!:cheers:

Let us know how you like them. Some pic would be way good.

Awesome combo!

i run these two. my 346 is my jeep/dirtbike saw. VERY nice....

well i have made my decision... i cant decide between the 372xp and the 346 so i bought both of them

That's one way to pick a saw:clap:
I find my 372 a bit of a beast for limbing softwood, even if you can physically handle a 372 limbing for a day, a 346 would be faster for that kind of stuff. For making bigger cuts all day a 372 is a good choice, I love it for hardwood firewood.
Have fun with them!
Ian

my stock 346 will walk all over a 455R

The 346XP isn't going to have as much power as the 455R but it is an all around nicer saw and more purpose built to meet the needs of what you need to do. both saws off the size bar you need.

no comparison at all.my 55r will beat a 455r

That's one way to pick a saw:clap:
I find my 372 a bit of a beast for limbing softwood, even if you can physically handle a 372 limbing for a day, a 346 would be faster for that kind of stuff. For making bigger cuts all day a 372 is a good choice, I love it for hardwood firewood.
Have fun with them!
Ian

Yes!

i had a 361 for a while.

seemed like the air filter stayed pretty clean for a Stihl.sealed up well also.damn fine saw IMO.just didn't look right on the shelf and made a weird ratcheting sound sometimes in the cut.never had any problems with it.

Stihl can be high on stuff like air filters but how often do you really need to replace them if you have compressed air?

now the price on their bar oil is ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back