which one would you keep and why?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sell the 361 on ebay. Get the box, take some good pics of it and put it on ebay with international shipping as an option. Put a BIN on it around $800 and I bet it would be gone to somewhere in Europe pretty quick.

It looks like the going rate for a clean 036 pro on eBay is close to what the 361 is. I may keep the 361 and sell the 036. How will the 361 compare to my 440 for bucking. To me its hard to beat the power weight ratio of the 440. After a couple hours of bucking with a lighter saw with similar power it may be nice to have around. After reading some of the adds on eBay some seem to think the 036 is more powerful than the 361. Anyone have both that could compare performance. thanks

The 361 is not a huge gap filler between the 260 and 440, that is why my 361 is for sale. Once you use a 440, it's hard to pick up a 361.

Stihl fan,
I have about the same problem, but in reverse...kind of. After reading all the hoopla surrounding the 361, I bought one about a year and a half ago. I used it at the end of firewood season for about 4 hours. A month later, I bought an 034AV in really nice shape at a yard sale for very little. I cuts about as good as the 361. So I've been using it for the last 2 seasons while the as-new 361 just sits all nice and shiny. I think you'll end up like me. So you decide.

I'd sure hang on to that sweet flat-topped, square-badged 036, nice pic

I don't see a MS 200T in your lineup! :)

I have had a couple of 200T's and they don't have a use in my "homeowner" firewood cutting. I do not climb and to me that is the sole design of that series. Ever tried limbing or heaven forbid bucking with one. I think it even says in the book that they should not be used on the ground due to the increased risk of kickback. Not bad saws just not for firewood cutters. I guess the 361 may be on the chopping block. I kinda want to fuel it up and take it for a spin but I will resist and keep it new,never fueled.Thanks for your replies

I have had a couple of 200T's and they don't have a use in my "homeowner" firewood cutting. I do not climb and to me that is the sole design of that series. Ever tried limbing or heaven forbid bucking with one. I think it even says in the book that they should not be used on the ground due to the increased risk of kickback. Not bad saws just not for firewood cutters. I guess the 361 may be on the chopping block. I kinda want to fuel it up and take it for a spin but I will resist and keep it new,never fueled.Thanks for your replies

Sorry, I didn't see it in your lineup.

You are a 'tard!! Climb with a "home owner" saw. I tink it's time for you to realize you need to stay on the porch.

He wasn't going to GIVE me a 660 or 880. He knew what I was wanting for mine and said his cost on the 361 was around $480. I could have gotten credit toward a bigger saw but then I am in the same situation. I have the bases covered already with the stihl line up. I just figured I would try a 361 and knew if I decided to sell it it would be easier to sell a chainsaw than a concrete saw.

Well what you originally said and what my post was based upon.
"He told me to pick a saw off the shelf. I already have a 660, 440, 036 pro, and a couple of 260 pros. I have read so much about the 361 I said that one and he grabbed it handed it to me and said its yours."

That sure seemed to me like it was your choice of saws.

Bill

You are a 'tard!! Climb with a "home owner" saw. I tink it's time for you to realize you need to stay on the porch.

Kinda looks like you may be the one with the learning disability. I said I do NOT climb" Thus there is no need for a 200T. I cut firewood,That's it. I have a good friend who is a stihl dealer and have said that in previous post. Weather or not you think my story is BS is your right. But don't start name calling and trying to degrade someone to make yourself feel better. I asked a simple question. Which one do you guys think is the better saw, My dealer is just that. A seller of chainsaws, He is not an avid user so he dosn't have the experience with running them to give me his opinion. I thought I would ask some of the people who have actually used them. I appreciate the advice from those of you who own or have used both saws.

Well what you originally said and what my post was based upon.
"He told me to pick a saw off the shelf. I already have a 660, 440, 036 pro, and a couple of 260 pros. I have read so much about the 361 I said that one and he grabbed it handed it to me and said its yours."

That sure seemed to me like it was your choice of saws.

Bill

It does sound like that. I guess I could have worded it a little differently. Sorry for the confusion.

Back