Which pump to use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My house is 3300 sq,ft two.I have two forced air heating units,one on each floor. I have four lines(2 pressure ,2 return) running into house from my OWB and plan on using two separate pumps to circulate my water.One pump for each floor

I.m currently using one pump downstairs and everything is working fine.I have finally got everything installed for second floor unit,(lines,heat exchanger ,etc)and was wondering which pump I should use.

The downstairs heat exchanger is basically level with my OWB,but the second floor heat exchanger is in my attic roughly 20 ft higher than my OWB.

I'm using 3/4 pex for the runs and OWB is approx 75 ft from house.
When I built my OWB I planned for two different pump so my tank has separate fitting for each pump

What size pump will handle this and give me the lift and flow I need for the second floor unit?

Last edited:
How far is the OWB from the house?

SWAG: Taco 009 for 1st floor, 009/0011 for the second floor. Use check valves on returns. Or, 009 for both, pipe loops in primary/secondary, use 007's for the secondary loops to your HX's.

Back