which Stihl 044 carb to use on 026?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Reaction score
I know several guys have modded a 044 carb to fit on a highly modified 026. I'm just wondering which one was used? I have a walbro hd 17a that I believe goes to a 044 but not sure that it's the one guys modify to fit an 026...

I know treemonkey might know since he had the suped up 026 at my gtg... anyone else know?

Please explain "highly modified". A 026 has to have alot of work done to it to be able to handle the amount of fuel that a big carb will supply it with

cut, lathed, dropped, jack up compression. widly opended ports and transfers... well enought to make it breathe good but not so much to hamper port timing. probably looking at other piston options to open ports as wide as possible... advanced timing and about any other enhancement I can think of!

10-4! got my carb.... HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHE!!!! (evil snicker) my 026/260 is going to be a fire breathing dragon!

cut, lathed, dropped, jack up compression. widly opended ports and transfers... well enought to make it breathe good but not so much to hamper port timing. probably looking at other piston options to open ports as wide as possible... advanced timing and about any other enhancement I can think of!

10-4! got my carb.... HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHE!!!! (evil snicker) my 026/260 is going to be a fire breathing dragon!

We will se how it stacks up against my 350...:hmm3grin2orange:

Back