White pine..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I have a couple dozen decent white pine to hand cut this week since the processors in the shop. Should be a good time.

What kind of market do you have for those logs?

What kind of market do you have for those logs?
They go to Hancock Lumber in Bethel Maine. Steady, year round market. No such thing as a quota. My trucker was the top supplier there 2 years running, the first year was 1.2 million feet of pine. Not bad for 1 tractor trailer and one straight job tri-axle.

Great pics Oldtimer. How ya been havent seen you on in a while.
OK, trying to get it done in between deluges.

hey ot, looks like you been busy
Yes, to say the least. I cut a tt load yesterday. About 9.5 hours.
Cut another half a tt today in about 5. Will finish it tomorrow.
Truck has been hauling 8,400 bf as an average with 65-68 logs on.

Tell me about it ... It rains every other day it seems. The corn is 6" tall already. Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow . I finished up another clean up job and have to get the 8 back home .. got a trans leak somewhere.

Yes, to say the least. I cut a tt load yesterday. About 9.5 hours.
Cut another half a tt today in about 5. Will finish it tomorrow.
Truck has been hauling 8,400 bf as an average with 65-68 logs on.

That is 2 load lol . White pine isnt to bad on the weight though is it?

That is 2 load lol . White pine isnt to bad on the weight though is it?

I think it weighs up around 95000 pounds truck and load...roughly.

They went out today, first was about 8500, the second a bit more..maybe 8700.

Took a pic to show how they sharpen saws in the big city.

How much a 1000? $125 here.

I get $265 on the landing, and am pulling this for a friend @ 90 per thousand.

9,400 x $90 per = $846. Took me about 10 hours, cost me $40 in diesel, $5 in gas and oil, and $20 in truck gas to get there.

But this job is cake. All the roads are in, and the only thing left standing is big wood. It more or less delimbs itself on the way out, so I limb the nubs and whatever holds on right on the landing when I saw up.

Most jobs I make about $40 an hour.

In WNC my Uncle said they don't even bother to try and get WP out of the woods right now, no market at all. He has gone back to cruising after his land development work came to a screeching halt.
Its a shame that the market for timber is so low, but such is everything with economy.

Back