White's Boots - Customer Service Mgr. Interview

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestryworks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A good read on White's Boots.

Interview Series: Rob Smith of White's Boots

Excerpt:
HF: The Original Smokejumper boot retails for $450, a hefty price. What is it about the boot that justifies the price?
RS: The thing about our boots is that they're all hand-built. From start to finish, there's very little machining in the process. We have guys hand-picking the leather, and we grade the leather here in the factory, then we cut it, depending on the grade, and they match up different parts of the hide with different parts of the boot. Most of the cuts that we use are from the back part of the cowhide or bends, and that gives it the stiffness and rigidity that we're looking for. We take special attention to measure the thickness of the boots to ensure that they meet NFPA standards. We handsew all our boots. All the eyelets are set by hand. You should see some of the machines we use - they're ancient. Nothing fancy here at White's, just old-fashioned hammer and nails technology. What you're paying for is craftsmanship and a human touch, which is rare to find these days.

Thanks for posting that . I've had a few pair of White corks . And may need to get a pair of steel toed vibran sole for construction . The Viberg steel toe box isn't big enough for me . For all in all I prefer Vibergs but the arch ease is Super comfortable for me . I think I'll get my wife some Whites also . She has a very high arch also .

Who knew he has girl feet?

Are you implying that there is something wrong with girl feet? Who else would wear the pink shoes!
What a drab world it would be if men were in charge of all the feet in the world.
238562d1337226561-gtg-wing-spot0001_1-jpg

View attachment 238562

I have a set of 11Es that I think have the original soles, they need replaced.
Since I inherited a set of nicely broken in Wescos, I can let these go.
Probably a bad idea, since they are mine, you could lose 20 IQ points and take to throwing beer bottles at road signs.

I have a set of 11Es that I think have the original soles, they need replaced.
Since I inherited a set of nicely broken in Wescos, I can let these go.
Probably a bad idea, since they are mine, you could lose 20 IQ points and take to throwing beer bottles at road signs.

Don't throw the ones that need a bottle opener. My friend needs those for his homebrew! When I deliver a bunch of rinsed out and de-labeled bottles to him, I get a six pack of delicious homebrew to take home.

I was visiting a friend at Seiad, he handed me a bottle of beer, I grabbed ahold of it and cranked the top off it, it was tough, thought it was rusted or something. Then John turned to me and handed me a bottle opener, it was a Canadian beer, non twist top. I had the impression of the cap on my palm for three days.

Don't throw the ones that need a bottle opener. My friend needs those for his homebrew! When I deliver a bunch of rinsed out and de-labeled bottles to him, I get a six pack of delicious homebrew to take home.

For that I'd save all mine and drive to Randle:)

I was visiting a friend at Seiad, he handed me a bottle of beer, I grabbed ahold of it and cranked the top off it, it was tough, thought it was rusted or something. Then John turned to me and handed me a bottle opener, it was a Canadian beer, non twist top. I had the impression of the cap on my palm for three days.

thats why my bic lighters are all chewed up on the end. bottle opener randy? i thought you were so tough that you just thumb the caps off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back