Who can Identify this chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Turn it over and look for a set of numbers stamped into the bottom of the stuffer plate.That would narrow it down.It looks like a 250 type which could include several of the 1 series saws. McCulloch made a zillion of them.

I picked up this non running chiansaw for $25; cleaned the carb thoroughly and it runs like a top. It's a MAC but what model? Also, is there a way to convert it to auto oil instead of manually pumping?

Thanks in advance!
DM

View attachment 58023

View attachment 58024

Looks like mine. 1-51 or 1-61 McCulloch. Mine runs great. Flip yours over the #'s are located underneath.

Thats a dead ringer for my 1966 model 300. There is about 20 variations of that saw. I can tell you for sure that its an 80cc model from the mid 60's. Put a 3/8 rim on it and a bar with an Oregon D024 mount (like the older big Jonsereds used) and it will cut like mad. They were a little slow with the .404 chain and hard nose bar.

Outstanding

Thanks for the responses.

For you guys that own these saws, where do you go for parts; local small engine shops or online? I've looked through ebay and have found a good selection but hate to always purchase online and pay the shipping.

:chainsaw:
DM

I get oldy mac parts from anywhere I can. The only thing that ever goes bad on them is the carb. If I were you I would start hunting up carb kits for it now. Also, if you come across a set of points, it wouldn't hurt to own those either.

Hey Moab, I was looking at your pics without paying attention to who posted them and I thought Man I've seen that saw before, sure enough, I think I saw that on KSL.com. It's a cool old saw, not sure what the model is but it sure looks alot like one my Dad gave me when I was a kid. If you don't mind me asking, where are you at in UT? I'm in Layton, nice to hear from others from around here! Welcome to AS!:greenchainsaw:
Jon

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...62d31fcbe77bee1b88256b610015c209?OpenDocument
There were alot of variations to that saw.Early to mid 60's. 80cc's. Change over to a 3/8 chain and it cuts alot better.
They are fun to run,just not all day though.
I have about 4 different versions of that saw so far.Good find!!
I believe what you have is a 1-51.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...4a5631ef0548581b88256b00006b7a44?OpenDocument
I too Am getting tired of that tingle in the hands!But they are fun to cut with once in a wile.

I did get it off KSL, figured if I couldn't get it to run I could part it out and recoup the $25. It only took 20 minutes to clean out the carb and the thing started on the second pull and runs like a top. I do need to perform some maintenance; gas line is rotted out, spark plug needs changing, but the chain is real sharp. I managed to get a free Homelite XL two weeks ago and resurrected it, but it took a while longer; had intake leaks, carb was gummed up, and the duckbill check valves were bad.:rock:

I live up in tremonton, anytime you want to make a run for firewood give me a call.

Parts????????

Thanks for the responses.

For you guys that own these saws, where do you go for parts; local small engine shops or online? I've looked through ebay and have found a good selection but hate to always purchase online and pay the shipping.

:chainsaw:
DM

I just buy more saws !!!

Latest posts

Back