Who has the best Spark Plugs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainsawSam

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My first thread. I always wondered what everyone felt about spark plugs? I never liked Champion, but what does everyone else use?

Sam.

My first thread. I always wondered what everyone felt about spark plugs? I never liked Champion, but what does everyone else use?

Sam.

Agree with your Champion assesment- I'm not a fan either.

I run NGK in all my 2 stoke equipment. No issues.

I have never had an issue with champion plugs. actually the only problem I ever had with plugs were 2 ngk's that were dead on arival. other than that I havent seen a plug that would not fire after being cleaned and gapped.

I picked up a plug for the 044 on Saturday from the stihl dealer and they gave me a Bosch. I have never had an issues with spark plugs so I have no preference

Chris

Used Champion in a Cuyuna 2-stroke in an ultralight airplane--once! It is not cool to lose the engine at about 100 ft. off the ground. Talked with many who had similar problems. Switched to NGK and Bosch. No problems. I know that a chainsaw is not the same application exactly, but a few cents more give me peace of mind.

I had NGK that came in a Polaris snowmobile in 1994. They lasted about 100 miles. I swapped them with some used Champions I had in the trunk and 6000 miles later they are still in there. I think the NGK's were a little too cold to avoid a melt down. I've had very few spark plugs of any brand that have failed. It's more important to get the correct heat range so they don't foul.

I have never had a champion or NGK plug crap out on me, but it seems that every Bosch plug I have used #### the bed. I only use NGK in my saws, mostly because I remember the plug number.

How are Denso plugs? I got one from my dealer and it seems to be working fine so far.

Honestly I've never had a problem with any brand of spark plugs. I have NGK plugs in my Husky's and a Bosch in the Stihl (IIRC). I use NGK and Champion in my ATV's.

How are Denso plugs? I got one from my dealer and it seems to be working fine so far.

I have ran the Denso's in my Evinrude outboards for the last 5 years.....No problems so far. I'd say they're a fine plug.

Bosch, in the saws.

I recently bought some aftermarket "service kits" for the concrete saws at work. (pull cords, air filters ,spark plugs) . The plugs included were Oregon. I'm presuming they haven't taken up spark plug manufacture so does anyone know where they come from?

The only spark plugs that I have NEVER had an issue with in all my power equipment and trucks....Champion.
I will always use Champion.

Latest posts

Back