Who is still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still burning - pretty late for that. Had the first 60 degree reading the other day and debated letting the fire go out...nope, an hour later I started feeding it again.

Hauled the last stick out of the woodshed last Monday, taking from teh outside piles now.

Even the grass isn't growing. I have usually mowed several times by mid April. Have only done a few of the rank spots so far but it looks like I will need to do the first real mow job in a day or two.

Harry K

Still burning, but usually just nights, except for maybe tomorrow when we are supposed to get snow and a high of 35. Last week we had 1 day of nearly 77, only in MI. You blink and weather goes from T shirts & shorts to Winter coats.

Yeah....still burning, it's 25° out there this morning. I'll probably keep the OWB lit till at least the end of may the way things are goin. :bang:

Still pretty cool.. although up in mid-70's at points last week.. there was a small skim of snow on ground yesterday morning (was snowing on and off all day yesterday) .. and again this morning.

I think (hope) I'm done for this season. Kinda cool in the morning, but that just makes me get-up and get movin!:)

Yep, still burning pretty much daily. Temps are in the low 40s at night and the wind has been fierce lately. I think I have burned as much in April this year as I did in March last year.

Still burning. At least every night. Last few days have stoked during the day also.

I think I have thrown over a cord of wood in the basement tailgate full by tailgate full, thinking this should be enough until it warms up! Another cold week on its way, but supposed to warm up after that. Or so they say... weathermen can't even accurately tell you what happened yesterday!:msp_angry:
Ted

Does this answer the question?
attachment.php

I'm ready for it to be warmer. The happy side is that I can cut in the woods without sweating to death. The unhappy side is that it is too muddy to get the tractor into the woods....

Still burning here as well. Kept it going. Only been a couple days I have let it go out.

I had a fire lit for the past two days, but let it burn out last night.

Expecting a dusting of snow this evening so I will likely light another fire so that I wake up to a warm house tomorrow morning.

Some days I don't bother with a fire, but sometimes I just want to feel that good wood heat. :)

I'm still burning most nights and evenings, some during the day. Needed a fire Saturday and Sunday to dry out from all the rain. Nasty storm, but not as bad as those down south.

Stove was out for most of last week but its been burning again since Saturday, probably will stay lit for a day or two yet. A plus of this weather is that we had enough snow last night that I was able to bring the snowmobile out from the bush and put it away in the shed for the summer. It had been stranded back there after all the snow in the field melted at the end of March but I still needed it to get around the bush to collect maple sap.

If I wasn't reworking my plentum this week, the boiler would still be going. Gotta get some AC installed so the Mrs. is happy those two weeks a year that it gets hot here.

Gee .. only 2 weeks :)

I could stand that.. although last summer was not bad at all.. will see what this one has in store.

Look at the Trees

I let it go out around the end of March, lit it backup on the 9th of Apr, hasn't been out since. It's been between 20 and 50 since then with quite a bit of snow too.
Always be ready to heat until mid-May. That's the rule around here. Even a few trees are now holding back their leaves for fear of frost bite. Sometimes I think we can learn a lot from observing the trees. :msp_rolleyes:

Been for 24/7 since beginning of November. It was snowing here in upstate ny today...lol...:dizzy:

Haven't lit the furnace in the basement in a couple weeks, but will probably have to in the next day or so due to all the rain making it a little damp down there. The woodstove in the living room is another matter, the wife has kept that going non-stop. The couple warm days we did have just opened the windows. The weather here has bee absolutely crazy, now they are saying 65-70 on Wednesday but thunderstorms, then 40-45 Thursday and more snow. Go figure.

Back