Who is still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
This thread is funny because I haven't stopped burning, I haven't got started yet !!!!! Today, Wednesday, Wanda and I just got our new Napoleon 1900 in place, Heat-Fab pipe installed (by me) and it is ready to go. It's been a long time coming......I think I bought the stove in July, just got the Eldorado stacked stone done (7' wide , 20 feet high behind it) and the hearth completed. We moved into our new house (foreclosure but new) at the end of October. We settled on it at the end of July and shortly after that had a chimney built. So this woodstove project has been in the works for some time. I am so glad that it is finally completed !!!!! If I could figure out how to post a picture, I would show you guys !!!!
Henry and Wanda

There have been a few days that I've let the fire go out. Most days I just keep enough wood in the stove to keep a good bed of coals. I hate starting a fire with a cold stove! I do have a 3 year old to keep warm.

I'm sure glad I cut that extra tree last fall!

just lit a fire tonight and it has been the first in about two weeks. It feels really nice to have that warm heat beaming out. I think it will be my last of the season

I just brought in my "last load of wood" for the third time this spring. still burning here. we hit 65 today in the afternoon but most days are still 40's and 50's and its not enough radiant heat to warm the house up enough.

Kindly note that most south of you have "ass", never "arse". Please correct. :popcorn:

Downeast Maine spring is usually crappy ( "A big difference between the first day of Spring and the first spring day." anonymous ). As we speak, both stoves are burning, it is 30 F ( -1 C for you boy:dizzy:), and some kind of white stuff is dribbling from a grey sky. Not unusual. Black flies don't hatch until Memorial Day, then it's Summer.

I'm not sure what made you think I was talking about anyone south of me.

You can have an ass. I, however,have an arse.

So far today we've had rain, freezing rain, snow and ice pellets. Just another day in april.

Been cold enough in the evenings/night around here that we are still burning. Usually I'll let it go out in the AM though.

Think we'll probably be burning off and on until May

It's been getting down into the high 30's here at night lately. With the colder night temps and the days only getting into the low 50's i'll still burn. It doesn't take much wood at all to get the house nice and warm though. :)

18 here this am.... Was rattled outa bed last night by the gas furnace kicking on..I had to bowl last night and the fire was out
..... That sound will wake the dead. Yes , we are still burning in Wy.

I dismantled the 1/2 cord rack in the garage last week...then it got cold again and I've been hauling in by the arm or wheelbarrow load. I HATE to hear the furnace come on at $3.70something a gallon for oil.
Crank the stove and crack a window...but it's still 82 in the living room!

Last fire in 2010 was June 30 on a damp coolish day. Burning in April in the Lakes Region of NH is the norm, not the exception.

Maybe 2 days since winter receded the stove's been fallow.

That said, the fires have been smaller after coal buildup. Been resplitting a lot of my wood in half.

Wish I'd spent one more afternoon last fall gathering pine falls - stuff in the 2-6" range that's perfect for heating with 35-50 degree external temps.

still burning small fires in CT, maybe done this weekend though, this winter was brutal

Hello,
I posted here yesterday and told everyone how I just completed my woodstove installation...............well, today was the lighting of the first fire !!!!!! It's only in the high 50's here today so I thought , why not? The Napoleon 1900 is kickin' out the heat, also a little paint smell from being new....but what the heck....it's just so nice to be burning wood again. I've had woodstoves in all my past houses since 1981, but since we moved in here in the end of October, no woodstove. Well, I've fixed that situation and am loving every minute of it. Wanda is finally warm !!!!!

Henry and Wanda

Still having a fire at night. Its been anywhere from 3 large splits to a half load at night. Since we upgraded the attic from 3" to 14" of insulation its easy to overheat the house.

Two, three days a weeks here, just morning a night, not during the day.

The fish are bittin, turkeys gobbling and found two gallons of morels already.:msp_thumbup:

Grilled t-bones with morels sauted` in butter tonight. Cold spring this year in western PA, should extend the morel season. 1/2 gallon so far.

And yes I`m still burning. No complaints.

A couple weeks ago i predicted i'd light the fire about 5 more times for the season, and that was pretty accurate. Today will probably be the last fire. Low 50s& rain later. Then back to the 70s and goodbye fires.

Still burning in Northern lower Michigan just below the bridge. Usually we quit burning the end of March but not this year.

I freaking CRINGE when I hear the propane kick on, dollars going out the chimney....

Art

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Back