Who is still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to cold still

North central CT and I am on cord 13 and still burning , had to go out a scrounge up some dead wood . BRRRRRRR!! 25 degrees last night I want summer .

Burning

Still burning here. The stove is and I am. Just where is that global warming woodchuck Al Gore? He hasn't poped his head out his hole lately.:hmm3grin2orange:

Still burning here in N E PA. One day in 60-70's then 4-5 in the 40-50's. Did not have frost this morning, but did the previous 2.

There is a chill in the house today (but then again I was just out on the quad for about an hour and a half checking the river levels) so I will be sparking up a fire in the stove shortly.

Couple inches of wet snow this morning followed by a down pour, yeah the OWB is still going....

Decree has been made

While getting ready for work tonight the wife informed me: no more fires after April 30, we are done. We shall see. The first night that it drops below 62 in the house she'll be lighting one.

has been in the 40s so still burning,raining,so no outside burning yet ,snow on the foothills.

I thought I was done. It's been about a week with no fire needed but tonight will be in the 30s. I think I'll have to spark one up tonight.

Bleah!:angry: I've gone through a cord of Black Locust since my normal cut-off date and still burning 24/7. Did let the fire go out yesterday but restarted it again about 4pm.

We have an official record for the coldest, wettest April ever in this area. Farmers haven't even gotten a good start on field work yet (month late). Usually they are done by now.

Harry K

Stove's on tonight. Been running small fires almost daily. Been resplitting a lot of wood to ensure hot fires in a flue reticent to draft like when it was 10, 20, or 3o degrees.

Same here frost and the OWB is still cooking the wood this is unreal!!! but atleast i stilll have all my belongings GODBLESS those people down south!!! GODBLESS YOU GUYS!!

Update on decree

Well. I knew it. Tuesday night I had to work but the wife didn't, got home Wednesday morning to smoke coming from the chimney. I knew April 30th wouldn't be the end. It got up to 60 today with plenty of sunshine so she let it go out. Just looked at the 7 day forcast and it looks like things might dry up a touch and stay warm. we can only hope.

Back