Who is still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just lit the stove to take the damp chill out of the house and to dry my soggy clothes. Supposed to be another wet weekend, at least it is going to be in the upper 50's.

We've still had one going most nights. Ive got more than enough wood from this season's stack so I don't mind.

I'd really like to get rid of the rain though. It's kept me from getting my truck back to cutting areas so when I do end up getting back there on the once nice day out of 10, I spend all day cutting trying to make up for lost time lol.

Thought I was done, it's been warm for a week or so but I just lit up the furnace. It's a good time to burn up my left over spruce and make way for better wood that will be coming!

May 5th was officially the last day here in Southwest Connecticut. Absolutely amazing.

Last year we were at the beach suffering through 90s starting in March. This year we're wearing sweatshirts into May.

Winter 2009-2010 - 3.5 Cords
Winter 2010-2011- 5 Cords

Currently trying to stock up 6 cords for my stove for next year which starts in 6 months. :):)

Fired up the stove last Monday morning (5/2), and everyone gathered around to eat breakfast. I've never had to build an indoor fire in May before - very unusual for this area!

xtm

Made a fire last night. It was cool and raining, and they were calling for snow.

Snow never showed up so the rain hung around to keep us company.

Just stoked up the fire and will keep it going throughout the day (at least).

Mines been out for a few days, but it will be lit again I'm sure.

Thursday was the first day I didn't have my winter coat on at work.:msp_unsure:

Made it all the way to 49 degrees and rainy today yup still burnin. We burned clear into June last year and at night 4th of July week over in eastern washington the warm side.

Same here. I need to chop up more kindling today. I hear tell that bright round thing might come out on Tuesday. But only Tuesday. We seem to be on a once a week showing so we won't be frightened of it. Maybe I'll head over to Yakima for something...like some sun.

Pic from my deck this morning.

Yep, I'll be burning into mid June, with an occasional evening fire maybe even into July.
attachment.php

We had frost last sun , was 89 today top of my head sore and red ,ac on yesterday. Dry today ,local lakes running over trying to not dump in Mississippi . Been an exciting spring .

Cut a couple standing dead pines yesterday to finish up the season hopefully, supposed to be in the 70's this week.

There were some long sucker holes yesterday. I see the barometric pressure is rising and the deck is drying off. Only a 30% chance of rain today! :clap:

There is a fire going in the woodstove.

Same here. I need to chop up more kindling today. I hear tell that bright round thing might come out on Tuesday. But only Tuesday. We seem to be on a once a week showing so we won't be frightened of it. Maybe I'll head over to Yakima for something...like some sun.

Didn't need to have a fire today, but we had one in the cookstove since we needed to bake a chicken before it went bad - and skillet fried some potatoes on the stove top. Was probably 58 outside. Actually cracked the windows while the stove was going.

Great time of year to dispose of those random sticks, punky pieces and larger splitter waste.

Waste not, want not. Any day I don't need to use the gas range is a good day!

down to 'bout once a week right now.

It's been dropping into the mid-40s overnight, but for such a short time the house doesn't go much below 60 and warms up quick with the sun.

Still reckon somewhere after Memorial Day will be my last fire.

Latest posts

Back