who makes the best diesel truck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my old 93 Dodge cummins, 146k, was a W250 but i needed a dually so i did a conversion and paint.

P5290281.jpg

P1141160.jpg

P8111408.jpg

P9121495.jpg

The EPA has killed diesel engines, Once they got good mileage and now the gas engines get better. Don't know if i would buy another one. Several things have turned me off them. all the stuff crammed on the motors now and the extra junk you have to put in the fuel. I'd have to need one pretty bad to buy another, not to mention the price of them now.:msp_w00t:
Very well said.
I have two diesels, no more, bought them when diesel was cheaper than gas.
You cant justify the extra cost and maintenance either. 10,000 buy a lot of gas!!!:msp_scared:

RAM 2500's hitting the lot...

Just saw a 2013 2500HD with the new DEF Cummins on the lot!

Was getting my free oil change and took a walk through the dealer lot. Low and behold... a brand spankin new 2013 HD with the new DEF Cummins.....

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

Capless fuel fill

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

Last edited:
Just saw a 2500HD with the new DEF Cummins on the lot!

Was getting my free oil change and took a walk through the dealer lot. Low and behold... a brand spankin new 2013 HD with the new DEF Cummins.....

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

Capless fuel fill

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

Too nice for a work truck.

Sorry to just butt in, but I just got a new to me 07 2500 w/ cummins. It ran smooth when I picked it up, then runs rough now. I've put 2 gallons of additive in , no better.

What maybe is the problem?

Is it just rough when you start it in the morning? Is there any white smoke to go along with the rough idle? The 5.9 with a bad injector will have those symptoms. The way to test is take off the valve cover and loosen one wire on each injector. Start the truck up and lift the wire off one at a time. If you lift the wire and the idle doesn't change any that's the bad one.

The dealer can hook up their handheld and shut down injectors one at a time too. I just had mine done. Charged me $75. Beats taking the cover off and going down the line with the wires. I had two slightly off injectors but nothing serious.

I had 2 93s W250s myself. I wish I had kept the 2nd one. It was real nice and less than 150k miles.

I'm too cheap to go to a dealer so I do the pull the cover and the wires. It's 3 10mm bolts and 6 8mm nuts on the injectors.

Latest posts

Back