Who makes the toughest, longest lasting 1/8" rotary sharpening stones?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdherman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Lets not let this get into any side debates about better methods, other methods etc. Just about the stones. I tried a slew of cheap stones a few years ago, Forester for a while, but the Orgeon seem to serve the longest with the slowest wear down. Was utterly un-impressed with the diamond stones. Maybe I bought the wrong ones. Maybe I was using to fix too deep of dings and diamond should be reserved to touch up only. Who knows.

But the Oregon stones just get more and MORE expensive. Are there any CURRENT buys that someone with experience can recommend? The Foresters seem to start correctly sized, but wear down faster than the Orgeon. Have not tried Stihl. Worth the extra money?

This topic has been discussed before, but AFAIK, not for several years.

Thanks.

I used the dremel branded stones with good success. Light pressure and constant movement was key to not overheating the stone or cutter.

A l-o-n-g time ago, a formerly active member was selling ABN coated bits through his (now closed) business.

Some later posts suggested that these might still be available from other suppliers overseas.

Might be something to try and track down. I will link the old posts if I find them.

Philbert

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/handheld-grinder-stones.285924/

Back