Who should I get to port it????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttinstuff

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
OK guys I have been visiting here for a while now and this is my first post.I have been heating my house with wood now for 3 years and cut around 5 cords a year. I was considering selling my 365special and picking up a ps7900 as sometimes I get into some pretty big wood. I was also in the market for a 50cc saw and could not afford both. So, I ordered a 346xp and have decided to go with a big bore kit for the 365 and pick up a 28" bar and skip chain for the times I need it. I figure if I am going to do it I might as well do it all, so my question is this, who do you all recommend to port and polish the big bore cylinder and do the muffler on the 365. By the way this is a great site, I am addicted!!!!!!

Last edited:
woods ported Huskys kick azz.
Sent a list of people to choose from.

Did you get the 45cc or 50cc 346xp?

Last edited:
I only know of one of those being modded so far and they are rev-limited to 14,100k.
The builder put a non-limited coil in it and said there wasnt much gained with it and put the stock coil back in. Just passing on 2nd hand info.

I am not interested in moding the 346, I am going to put a big bore kit on the 365 and wanted to have it ported and the muffler done. I do my own work but have never done a port job or a muffler so I figured I would have it done. Then I can check it out and maybe do the next one myself.

The rev limiter coil likely makes no difference in terms of cut times on a work saw, but I would give the non-rev limited coil the edge in a 3 cut race on a ported saw.

The problem I see with using the rev limited coil is there is no practical way to tune it on a modified saw, the factory method based on fractions of a turn on the jet screw does not apply so well if the saw has been modified from stock.

Back