Who uses box trailers on a regular basis? Looking for more efficiency.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose IBEW

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Things are progressing and I am doing tree work more regularly. I have my Chevy C70 dump that tows my chipper and my F350 crew cab that usually goes out together. I have a 16'- 2 axle enclosed trailer and the possibility of using it to add efficiency looks promising. Right now I have to load my pickup with everything I need and this loading and unloading is costing me time.

The trailer has a beefy work bench across the front and a vise to sharpen saws in. I have provisions to mount a small roll away tool cabinet and keep wrenches, pliers, screw drivers, spare files and such. I was thinking about making a shelving unit to house the saws, blower, fuel cans, and such; have a 2" lip on the outer edge of the shelf and a bungee to secure things from moving around. Hooks and storage for climbing gear and rigging equipment, a supply of rakes, shovels, brooms, safety cones and other miscellaneous things. My supply of items is growing rapidly.:msp_biggrin:

I was working in the city today and was worried about the open bed of the truck getting picked by vagrens, and rain came in after lunch. I thought the trailer would have been a nice place to change out of our gear.

What kind of cons am I missing? I left the dump on site today and towed the chipper home; this wouldn't have worked out with another trailer in the mix. The amount of real estate you have available for parking on site may be an issue?

Tell me what you think guys.....

Back