Who's making fun of BB kits! Mahle just joined the club!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick, thanks for your consideration. This P&C was purchased from us. I check another one on the shelf here and it looks very similar. As you can see, it definitely is a MAHLE with the name cast on both cylinder and piston.

No worries Kyle. I didn't want to bring your name in as I truly feel you were not responsible. Pull it from the shelf and ship it is what it should be like.

I was worried people wood have a pissin' match over this. You folks, like CuttinScott, are classy saw shops for us Dolmar fanatics.

Great service as always. And you deciding to post in this thread only proves that.

Back to some Mex porting:greenchainsaw:

The MEX PORT by CHEVYTOWN13 grassroots style:clap:

Hora de mano...

DSCF1544.jpg

DSCF1543.jpg

DSCF1542.jpg

There we go:) I have an honest question for your here. Why do you prefer to use a router to square it up when you have to do a lot of additional work by hand anyway? I use the piston to push the ring in where I want it, mark the cylinder with a sharpie, and cut to that line. I'm not saying my way's best, just wonder about your method.

Last edited:
Because the next 7900 jug to cruise past this joint will only take 5 minutes and it's on to hand porting:greenchainsaw:

I made the jig for the 7900. It was more refined than the one I used for the Husq's 365. If another jug is wider, it probably wont work. I wood suppose I could make it just a little wider to accept any jug.

But it's no big deal to make a jig from scrap wood in no time.

Al, I don't recall what the case ports look like. I do recall the 6401's jug being smaller than the case port. The 7900's case's port is close to being the same length as the cylinder ducts for the transfers I believe. I'll go take a picture of the stock gasket on the jug. I do remember the stock gasket edging the case ports.

Al, sorry mate. I couldn't add 1 + 1:help:

I don't have the saw apart right now as I'll be cutting with the 6401 jug one last time if weather permits this weekend. Ima gonna miss that jug:cry: The 6401 is a great saw.

I can't wait to have at it with some hand porting and give those edges curvature.

DSCF1555.jpg

ported dolmar

Those are real nice photos, and the cut is nice and clean. Can't wait to see the finished product and watch the results making chips.
Willysmn

Those are real nice photos, and the cut is nice and clean. Can't wait to see the finished product and watch the results making chips.
Willysmn

I second that! Enjoying the progress, keep up the good work and love the pics.

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

Can you post a video when you use the files and maybe some pics of them, please and thanks.

I just realized in the picture I had the gasket on wrong. Wasn't lined up.

I also flipped the gasket so it shows better.

DSCF1561.jpg

Scot, it's a lot of work stopping to take pics and so forth. Stops the production line:greenchainsaw: I'll try my best. But I appreciate the kind words man. It's a small pherd file and some 600 wet. The edges you see between the ports and the cylinder wall I DID NOT WANT TO TOUCH by machine. It's very thin in that area. So a file and some paper will take care of that in a safe manner.

Gracias fellas. Off to see me familia. Have a good weekend fellas.

Sorry man, I have a thirst for knowlege and apreciate you taking the time to share. Have a good weekend.

No need to apologize Scot.

I enjoy sharing as well. Sometimes the concentration levels are high and best to keep going.

When I get back home I'll post a picture of what I meant.

Later.

Rick

Here you go Scot. Not much to it bro.

Pferd 3 angle file. I got this file to learn how to square file, but couldn't figure it out and found out the beveled files were the best. But this worked out perfect for jobs like this. Got it from Bailey's.

DSCF1568.jpg

Near the edge of the screwdriver is a hump inside of the port. And in the other port is a distinctive ridge. File time.

DSCF1565.jpg

File fits in tight spaces.

DSCF1567.jpg

Smooth out. Every little thing adds up for optimum performance of your work saw.

DSCF1569.jpg

Rep Rep Rep, thanks Chevy. Great info thanks for taking the time, I'll quit buggin you so we can see her throw chips when you're done.

What bar and sproket you going to run? I just picket up a 20" tsumura total super bar off eBay and I think I'm going to pick up a 8 tooth sproket too.

Latest posts

Back