Who's making fun of BB kits! Mahle just joined the club!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHEVYTOWN13

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm very disappointed with the stock 7900 OEM cylinder and piston that showed up today!

Was it a bad batch? Done on a Monday?

I'm porting it and can reshape the flaws, particularly on the piston as that looks like trouble to me. So I really don't care in that aspect, but dang, there's been a lot of talk about BB kits being bad and this OEM crap shows up. I'm glad I'm porting this cylinder, because if I had to run this stock, I'd be bummed. AREA 51 to the rescue:greenchainsaw:

DSCF1511.jpg

DSCF1512.jpg

DSCF1515.jpg

DSCF1516.jpg

DSCF1513.jpg

DSCF1514.jpg

Cheby,,hows that compare to the one you took off ??
I'm no expert but man that just dont look right !!
of only the dozen or so Dolmar juggs i have had off i aint neva seen nuthin like that :)

Cheby,,,drow some lines and arrows and such in the pix on how ya gonna clean it up mon..
tnx..
yeh " ragged", good choice of words..

I don't have pics of any of the ones I've worked on, but I don't recall anything out of order. I do remember commenting on how they were the nicest cylinder's I'd ever seen. Perhaps you should send that one back for a replacement. But then again, you're going to remove all that when porting anyway, or so I assume.

(Narrator voice)
Tonight the part of Tom Hall will be played by Erick.
:D

I bet it’ll run just fine… bolt it up and give us a report.

:cheers:

Hehehe:) I'd rather see that than mis-shaped and improperly beveled intake, exhaust, and transfer ports. Still not pretty though.

Definitely not pretty, and definitely not what you expect from Mahle, but on this one it should have no effect on the saws performance.

I'd send it back on principle and send a message to the manufacturer that you expect better from them. :cheers:

Every 7900 cylinder I've seen had the intake area of the transfers shaped like that. They have also been some of the nicest castings I've ever seen. What's the problem with the piston?

Brad are you saying that every 7900 OEM cylinder you've seen has looked like that around the bottom of the transfers, or are you saying every aftermarket cylinder you've seen looked like that? I'm No expert on casting or the likes but I think that looks like SHAT!:dizzy:

:jawdrop: That's an ugly jug right there.

Hell, that Golf piston I just threw in a 117 is prettier than that mess.

Brad are you saying that every 7900 OEM cylinder you've seen has looked like that around the bottom of the transfers, or are you saying every aftermarket cylinder you've seen looked like that? I'm No expert on casting or the likes but I think that looks like SHAT!:dizzy:

OEM. They were shaped similiarly but not rough like that.

Latest posts

Back