Why do "Chinesium" chainsaws need a richer oil mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss Jane XU from farmertec says "Our chainsaws are legal, Don't worry"
So there it is in writing straight from the horses mouth. You guys don't have to worry about these legal issues anymore.
Well, then. If Miss Jane Xu is in the house then no worries! 😄

Some Chinese stuff is good, some not , most Chinese rubber is not good, looks like it is getting better? I've used some Chinese parts that were great some went right in the scrap bin, now these company's are advertising "professionally built" maybe that means some quality control. Now, service life of 50 hours, that's a reality check, what can we do? Use the best oil and lots of it! And look at what the pros are buying, I don't see them flocking to these cheap saws, there is usually a reason for something being inexpensive, if you buy a KIA, live in a manufactured home, buy your shoes at Walmart, ride a Ural motorcycle, you will learn about the difference in quality at some point.

AFAIK.. and please feel free to correct me, the 50 hour vs 300 hour rating, has got to do with emissions compliance. Sure ..it speaks to build quality, and materials used in bores, rings, pistons, etc..
But, how many of us have saws that are "Pro" quality, that have many, many times more than three hundred hours on them?
And we still use them, and they still run great.

Latest posts

Back