Why Trees Are Harvested

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is just a small part of all the fence they've been putting up. Support the timber industry, build a fence.
View attachment 845526
Looks like awful purdy country to build a ugly fence in, even if it is made of wood, and some logger and some guys at the sawmill made a part of their living providing the material. what are they hiding in there? There’s gotta be a story behind it.

Hey, NM. I need eight 16 foot 10"x10" cedar posts. Think you could send them to Tennessee? Some 12 foot 4"x12" beams would be nice too.

Nothing but treated yellow pine around here and other than utility poles nothing bigger than a 6"x6" easily obtainable.

Need free shipping.

Ron
I mean, I could put you in touch with a couple mills, one I think regularly sends stuff back east somewheres, and several of my friends have mills... but the shipping could be a hang up

Hey, NM. I need eight 16 foot 10"x10" cedar posts. Think you could send them to Tennessee? Some 12 foot 4"x12" beams would be nice too.

Nothing but treated yellow pine around here and other than utility poles nothing bigger than a 6"x6" easily obtainable.

Need free shipping.

Ron
Or **** it, I get a load of short cedar, you pay the trucking (3mi a gallon diesel.. x2) and I'll bring ya the whole damned logs

Patty what is behind that fence and is it in Warshington?
I think you probably know what is behind the fence. Yup, it's about 5 miles from my house. It's an expanding pot farm and they have a heck of a lot more of that fencing that you can't see. Pot is big business here and that's why I chose to live in town where it doesn't smell too much. But when the wind is blowing from the north, and the plants are just right, it can be smelly here. The county folks were and maybe are still wanting to make this the Napa Valley of pot but I think that just like for everything else, we are too far off the beaten path. Plus, some of the powerful good old boys do not like having the farms spring up next to their places because of the smell. Anyway, rather than just the black plastic fence, these folks are using wood.

Pot farms are not to be seen. I think it's the law here.

NM, if I got to pay shipping then I want OG redwood.

Ron
Hmm... I might be able to get some, not old growth, but my granpappy planted it, and its big and getting in the way.

For some proper OG redwood, gonna have to go to California and ask Randy... or ole Bob if he's still lurking and hasn't sunk that tug boat he bought

Back