"Wicked Work Saw" customers and friends please read this announcement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've done a bunch of donation events, but Brad always ran that side of it when I was involved. Hell I don't know where to start.

It seems that Anne is in store for a rough time here in these next few weeks, and that will be rough on them financially......after all, she's the brains of that operation.

:chop:

We've done a bunch of donation events, but Brad always ran that side of it when I was involved. Hell I don't know where to start.

It seems that Anne is in store for a rough time here in these next few weeks, and that will be rough on them financially......after all, she's the brains of that operation.

:chop:

Brad may be willing to set it up and run it from off this site. You could just provide us with the link. Just a thought. I am sure members from other sites will get involved once word gets out.

I really appreciate the help guys. I know I don't have time to keep track of tickets or run any type of raffle like I have in the past for other peoples charity but I will definitely be able to supply a really nice grande prize. my wife has been touched by all the kind words and phone calls asking about her. this is truly a great site regardless of how slow and hard to navigate it has become.

I really appreciate the help guys. I know I don't have time to keep track of tickets or run any type of raffle like I have in the past for other peoples charity but I will definitely be able to supply a really nice grande prize. my wife has been touched by all the kind words and phone calls asking about her. this is truly a great site regardless of how slow and hard to navigate it has become.

Don't worry about any of that stuff. The guys will take care of everything. You concentrate on taking care of your lady.

When you get back to normal I'd still like you to do a 661 for me. Hang in there.

I'm in as well... Heck just the gas money alone traveling back and fourth is a burden let alone everything else. I went through that when I broke my legs and was traveling to my orthopedic all the time for follow ups / X-rays.

just getting home from a day with the dr.'s. today the radiation oncologist told my wife that she had a form of cancer that has only been documented 3 times. it is a rare form of squamous cell carcinoma ,according to the national cancer institute. normally when you think of skin cancer you think of it being on the outside of the body,but not in my wifes case. the doc said that this form of cancer can be found about anywhere inside the body as well as outside. normally it would be cut off and hopefully not to be worried about again. not the case for her. the dr has removed all he can without getting into the urethra. so when the pathology report come back as still having the cancer it was time for more action. according to the dr today she will be starting her first radiation treatments in about 2 weeks,after she is completely healed from the removal surgery. when this phase starts she will be taking treatments for 5 days per week for 5 weeks. the dr says that with pelvic radiation comes extreme pain and discomfort because of the sensitivity of the area being treated. she will likely even have a supra pelvic catheter so that she will not have the extreme pain of urination. she will pretty much be unable to do much of anything for the 5 weeks during the treatment. then it will go from radiation therapy to a direct implant radiation therapy to the exact area of the cancer. she is going to be sent to the university of Alabama for the direct radiation implant. she will be hospitalized for 3-5 days during this treatment. we will either be driving to and from Knoxville for the initial treatment which is 5 days a week and an hr to get there and then an hr to get home. if they send her to Vanderbilt university for the treatment she will be on the road for 2.5 hrs each way, a day, 5 days a week. things are becoming a tad stressful to say the least.

Good people at UAB. Probably the best nurse care I have ever seen. Tom

for now all I can offer is prayers, maybe more later, prayers from franklin ks, my friend you build great saws!
may the Lord bless her treatments so she gets well

I'll second that UAB is a great place for you and your wife to get the care that she needs. They even had good food. Since it is a teaching hospital, they have a few more people asking the same questions for their training/learning. That said, they will do about anything you ask to make you both comfortable.

Back