"wicked work saw" ported cylinder exchange program

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i do the same $250 port job as the other guys and have been for several years. im offering an alternative to shipping a saw and letting me do all the work. these kits will greatly appeal to peolpe that have saws that are tired and need freshened up anyway. the reason being is your getting a brand new meteor piston that includes caber rings,a complete gasket set including seals, new muffler,new carb kit,new plug. when i port a saw your exactly right i use all your oem stuff and do the port job. with this kit you can save all your oem stuff for later or ifr its tired and worn have it replaced with this kit. i hope this helps you understand what i am offering.

Last edited:
Does the cylinder need more porting to make it work correctly, hence the $100 upcharge?

no it doesnt need more porting its just the fact that instead of exchanging your oem cylinder for mine i am supplying you with a meteor cylinder at the cost of $100

Good job Terry! The more choices we have, the better off we all are. I guess all this dang rain has allowed you more time with a grinder. We need some vids:rock:

Good job Terry! The more choices we have, the better off we all are. I guess all this dang rain has allowed you more time with a grinder. We need some vids:rock:

since this january was the second wettest january we have had in my area since they started keeping records my skidder has only been work 7 days out of the last 7 weeks. i am usually a man of actionsand this situation has required some fast action. i am going thru the process of becoming a dealer for oregon,ahlborn equipment,woodland international,and jonsered. so ii am going to be retiring my logging operation when the job im on is finished up. i have a new saw shop that is 500 square ft, heated, cooled,insulated and i will have the doors open for walk in business soon. i am going to have a grand opening gtg in june.

Would you need the whole saw or just the p&c? Im not in a rush for it but id like to get it juiced up.

to port your 084 i will need the saw. i shipped an 084 out just this morning that i ported for a member in ok.

How much is it for the "wicked work Saw " decal ? I've got a few of Your saws that would like them . :)

send me a self addressed stamped envelope and i will send you your 4 stickers as soon as they get here. they are made and enroute to me and the easiest way for me to get them all mailed out is to have you guys send me a self addressed stamped envelope

no it doesnt need more porting its just the fact that instead of exchanging your oem cylinder for mine i am supplying you with a meteor cylinder at the cost of $100

Thanks for the clarificationI might just go that route as I want to keep the oem topend as a spare. It might seem odd, but that's just me. I'll give you a call in the near future if I decide to move forward. I guess I should gas up my new saw and run it a little at least.

Any fuel thru that 562 yet? Big Stihl box full of Husky parts is on its way.

its ready for its maiden voyage tommorrow as long as i dont get the rain they are calling for. if it does rain ill have to just cut some cookies with it.

here are few pics of the new shop,the first pic is my tear down bench. i can easily tear down four saws on the 12' long bench
attachment.php

Back