wicked work saw surgery update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well this morning was my follow up, to my shoulder surgery. I wished I would have gotten good news but that's not how my luck goes. I was informed that ill be needing more surgery,my next surgery would be a "distal clavicle excision". needless to say I'm not a happy camper right now.I'll post the definition that I found on the net so you guys can some idea of what it entails.

If your collarbone (clavicle) and shoulder tip (acromion) has excessive cartilage degeneration or arthritis at the acromioclavicular joint, you may be a candidate for distal clavicle excision surgery. This procedure removes a small piece from the end of your collarbone, where the worn joint surface becomes increasingly arthritic and painful. Scar tissue grows in place of your bone that allows the acromioclavicular (AC) joint to move more fluidly and relatively painlessly.

the dr says this time I will have 12 weeks off. I was not happy about 4 weeks off this go around, needless to say I told the dr. we would be holding off for a few weeks or months,basically for just as long as I can deal with the pain before I have any more surgery. All I know at this point is that ill keep on praying to God about it. I'm sure that I must sound like a broken record to him these days. at least with this first surgery ,after the first ten days ,I was told to go ahead and do whatever I felt comfortable with. although he did say not to be cranking saws. I have to set them on the ground and start them left handed right now.
with this next surgery I wont be fully recovered for about 12 weeks. that means it will most likely be 4 weeks before I can even start to use it any at all. im just so frustrated right now. I guess ill be running lots of sales to make up for the repairs and port work that I wont be able to do. im hoping to be able to hold off til after the first of the year when im at my slowest time ,to have the surgery. I was given another shot in my shoulder this afternoon and it feels like I was hit with a sledge hammer. the longer the day went the worse the pain is getting. the pain meds I was given have no effect so I don't bother to take them. sleeping has become something that I only wish I could do. i sleep an hr then im up for a couple of hrs then I sleep an hr and up a couple of hrs. im getting to be a really grumpy fella. dealing with the public has become a task in its self.
well that's about as up to date as I can get at the moment.

Boy, that is tough news. Ditch those pain meds if you can, they did way more harm than good for me when I was laid up. Hang in there. One day at a time.

Prayers to ya from NY. I hope it all works out. I know what you are talking about with the left hand start. When I did too much splitting (by hand) last year and got tennis elbow in my rt arm (actually both arms, but worse in the rt) I was stating my saws left handed on the ground just like that.

But I'm not in the business, and did not have to do it all the time. I feel for ya, stay tough!

After my surgery I was in pain and only took the meds when I couldn't take the pain and what I did was cut the pills in half that way it relieved the pain but I could barely tell I was on pain killers.

Latest posts

Back