Wild thing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trek5900

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Poulan Wild Thing reconditioned for only $79.99 at Rural King. Regular $119.99.

Rural King is "America's Farm and Home Store" primarily in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Michicgan and Ohio.

One time offer. Better hurry. WOW! Supplies are limited. No rain checks.

I can't make this stuff up. I am sitting here coping straight out of there advertisement.

P.S. Prices good through October 18, 2009.

Rural King is "America's Farm and Home Store" primarily in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Michicgan and Ohio.

Did all the other states secede from the union?!? Geez -- I need to get off this web site & get out a little more.

The King!

Isn't Rural King a subsidiary of TSC (Tractor Supply) down there?

Up here in Canada we have Princess Auto, affectionatly called "The Man Store" by the wives who are sitting in their cars reading books or congregating in small groups in the parking lot.. They have everything you don't need for cheap! www.princessauto.ca

They have chainsaws too, mostly smaller Poulans (moddable and useable) you can get powerheads for $79CDN and then get a decent bar and chain and be fitted out sub $100 saw, sometimes you see them on sale WITH bar, chain and case (oil and scrench icl.) for $100-155CDN.. I think they have wildthingys this month with case etc for $155CDN. Recons, yes, but you just go and pick one with the most new parts on it, mod the carb so you can tune it properly, mod the muff and your off! I picked a new looking 4218av with obv new cyl., clutch, starter rope, etc and she's a great runner!

I wish we had those Pro poulans 335's that everyone's talking about in the other thread, I'd grab one inna heartbeat!

Sorry for the hijack!~ :spam:

Old51AVE

:cheers:

I want a wood shark, a predator, a wildthing and a bad boy. Did they make any other saws with cool names like that?

TSC Rural King

I know here in Lafayette there is both a Rural King and a TSC within 10 miles of each other. It would make little if an sense if they were a part of the same outfit.

Ha, I have a Wild Thing:clap: That thing is a piece of ####.

Can't think for the life of me where I got it but it just won't.....die! As many times as the chain has jumped or jammed and I got pissed and let it free fall 40 ft. It is built like something from FisherPrice!!! Toy-like but deceivingly, un-Godly strong!

DAMN IT, why won't you break so I can buy a new saw!!!

I

Up here in Canada we have Princess Auto, affectionatly called "The Man Store" by the wives who are sitting in their cars reading books or congregating in small groups in the parking lot.. They have everything you don't need for cheap! www.princessauto.ca

They have chainsaws too, mostly smaller Poulans (moddable and useable) you can get powerheads for $79CDN and then get a decent bar and chain and be fitted out sub $100 saw, sometimes you see them on sale WITH bar, chain and case (oil and scrench icl.) for $100-155CDN.. I think they have wildthingys this month with case etc for $155CDN. Recons, yes, but you just go and pick one with the mosour name unless the wife callst new parts on it, mod the carb so you can tune it properly, mod the muff and your off! I picked a new looking 4218av with obv new cyl., clutch, starter rope, etc and she's a great runner!
I was at the Langley BC location and was looking at all the recon Poulans,I saw wildthingy and a couple pouplan Pro marked saws, I grabbed a red one(3314?) and pulled the cord and the whole starter case cracked apart! another one i did the same thing and the cord would not retract try a 3rd and it felt to notchy turning over.
I was going to get one for my buddy,as a camping saw.I guess there are good ones and not so's.
CDN Tire quite oftrn has new wildthingys on for $139 less whatever CT money laying around.

Princess Auto~ yes is the place where everybody knows your name unless the wife calls!

Mark -never accused of being a Hoser.

Latest posts

Back