WildThing owners.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wild thing was created to be the worlds best selling DISPOSABLE chainsaw, and it is. Seriously, think about it for the cost of mechanical repair at 15-35 dollars an hour, plus parts your better off trashing it and buying a new one at the first sign of trouble. Poulan did make some desent longerlife saws. I've got a 3300 forester and it came with a 20' bar .325 chain. It's all metal in the crucial area's, runs hard and is 15 years old at-least. I would recommend them by far to a Wildthing. I've owned both and the Wild will vibrate your teeth fillings out. It (3300) was purchased at Walmart. They stock nothin comparable to it now. As time goes on everything at Walmart gets sold cheaper, cause it's made cheaper.

I have an older one. I have cut a lot of wood with it and no problems in probably 8 years. I have never even needed to change the plug. I do need to fix the kill switch, it got kind of intermitent, then quit altogether. It is a cheap saw, to be sure. Mine is an older one, no chain brake, and no anti-vibe. It does vibrate a lot, but it sure does run. My brother has a 141 Husky, his second one, and while it makes my Poulan look and feel like the cheap saw it is, mine will out cut his by a good margin. My next saw will likely be a Husky, but I have gotten way more than my moneys worth from this one. My biggest gripe is the fuel and oil caps on the side of it. You have to store it on its side, or you are gonna come back to a mess.

I guess that I should also say that I had a friend who bought one within a couple of months of mine. His was absolute junk. He ended up taking it back because it just didn't work right. I may just have been really lucky with mine, but it has been great.

Latest posts

Back