Will my splitter bust this round?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will the splitter do it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your joking right? Last week I split some 32", wet, wavy grained elm that just about done the 35 ton Speeco in. Most of the splits were half split and half cut to get to the bottom of the stroke. You want to talk moaning and groaning coming from the splitter this stuff had it in spades. I won't even go into my moaning and groaning. I agree 100% with the other posters that stated if your splitter won't do it it may be time to look into a new splitter.

Piece of cake!! Or your splitter is in dire need of an overhaul!:msp_thumbup:

Ted

What he said... Otherwise go for a Fiskars.

Looking at your wedge I think you could stand to add a bit more "flare" about 2/3rds the way in. Might help on those stringy chunks.

Of course that assumes the beast actually runs. Seriously, that should be no problem if your splitter runs and works as it should. As previously posted it could be split with a Ryobi 5T electric - as long as the cord is long enough! :msp_biggrin:

Will It Split It?

Hopefully yours will and it should. If it won't and I had that round here I'm certain mine will split it.

Nosmo

If is don't, Send it here....I got somethin for it :laugh:

attachment.php

Musta been a hell of a pop when it went, knocked your OWB all crooked. :laugh:

Nice to see I'm not the only one. My OWB did the same thing after three years. I decided to let the ground settle first before I poured my slab so I raised the stove 8 inches and set it on a form of crushed rock. This summer I'll remove the rock and pour my slab.

Back on topic.... That is some nice looking oak on that splitter.. I knew she could do it... :laugh:

BERT.... Nice looking dog...

Last edited:
Boiler not crooked, photographer was...Boiler is still dead-azz level after 4 yrs, put a bunch of crusher run under it since it sets on a downhill slope.

Ya, that piece, plus the other rounds I've split so far popped pretty good, the tree was just off to the left of the photo, had to take the pine down which is on the right side of the pic down first so the oak would clear it. It worked harder to split the green pine than it did w/oak.

Splitter: hombrew, about 25 yrs. old, was made by 2 guys in FFA in high school. Tractor Supply cylinder, 5 hp Briggs industial engine.

To the "funmakers"...I've split slippery elm on that thing larger than that round. And, I've had some stick in there too.

Yeah what he said..... let's see this big scary splitter! :hmm3grin2orange:

I would love to show off my splitter and I've got some nice pics, but I don't know how to post a picture. I hate to admit my stupidity, but a while back I tried and I couldn't get it done !!!!!

Henry and Wanda

better try again. its not that difficult. i figured it out in about two to three hours and im a dummy when it comes to computers. lotsa guys on here can help ya too. do you have the pic on your computer already? if so you could email it to another member and have them post it for you. pm me if youd like me to do it. i have a thread on here called "wood splitter picture thread" that i would like to have your splitter on as well

Will get a lot of flack. An almost no one will beleive this three big rounds today almost not enough room in a full size truck . Rip the wedge off on the last one . This white oak look like a propane laying there. After reading all the grumbling about the swing axil . Don't even want think how hard this would have been with a vertical splitter.

Latest posts

Back