will this winter ever end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go guys think you have it bad. We have 4 to 5 feet of snow on the ground right now with no really warm temps in the forecast. It's gonna be May before it's gone. I probably won't be able to get any wood until June.
Kind of sounds a lot like Mass right now.

We have not been above 50 degrees since Dec. 27, here in western MA. The frost went unusually deep this year and many folks had frozen water supply lines. I just started cutting wood for the season after next, about 10 cords, from logs I brought out to my landing last fall. We still have a couple of feet of snow or more in the woods. Yesterday, I cleaned out 8 bluebirds houses, and just in time, wife saw a male sitting on top of one this morning (same house, picture was from last year). We also had very few apples last year, saw a bobcat in our meadow last evening. I sure hope spring would hurry up a little bit. Best to all.
IMG_1274.JPG

Burned threw 5 ricks 2 Ricardo's and 1 Sally already this month . Going to be 27 for the high this weekend I'll probably throw my last Richard in for good measure

We are supposed to hit 29 this weekend which is really annoying. It was mid 70s today and I was able to lurch around and get some stuff done. I don't mind that sort of temp myself, just we have yet to get unmolested fruit tree blossoms since I planted them, and they are decent trees now. I know it must hurt fruit production to have those blossoms freeze. I just want to see how they do if the blossoms develop on spring schedule without getting froze out.

"They" say we might get above the freezing mark today... but not tomorrow.
A week or so back I was thinkin' I was in the (so-called) "shoulder season"... now I'm thinkin' I may need to bring a bit more wood in :(
I "dislike" March... just five more days of it though...

Then in April I can start complainin' about the rain, in May the storms, June the bugs, July the heat, August the humidity, September the weeds, October the leaves, November the freezing rain, December the ice, January the cold, February the snow... and then it will be March again :D

We are supposed to hit 29 this weekend which is really annoying. It was mid 70s today and I was able to lurch around and get some stuff done. I don't mind that sort of temp myself, just we have yet to get unmolested fruit tree blossoms since I planted them, and they are decent trees now. I know it must hurt fruit production to have those blossoms freeze. I just want to see how they do if the blossoms develop on spring schedule without getting froze out.

Feel that.

Have lost at lot of crop due to late frost. I've seen a frost in June here.

Just getting tomato/peppers inside here now.

Best of luck with the weather, save some from lat year

Don't move here.
http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/
If the hayfield of a lawn dries enough to merely make feet damp, it will get cut today. The sun is streaming in and I'll need to go for a walk before it gets too warm. This is not normal.

The weather people mentioned a 2000 foot snow level for next week, maybe. We need it.
2,000 ft of snow!!! now that is some deep shlt.

Hit 50* yesterday, for about 30 min. The clouds rolled in and it started spittin' snow 2 hours later. Been a number of years since we had snowball fights in July. Maybe again this year, the way it's goin'.

Hit 50* yesterday, for about 30 min. The clouds rolled in and it started spittin' snow 2 hours later. Been a number of years since we had snowball fights in July. Maybe again this year, the way it's goin'.
42 and rain yesterday . 30 and snow today . at this rate we will be having snowball fights memorial day

2,000 ft of snow!!! now that is some deep shlt.

Flatlander...

They upped it a bit but it will still be below the pass level. This is the forecast for the Southern Warshington Cascades--those things called mountains.

Tuesday
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain and snow showers. Snow level 3500 feet.
Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain and snow showers. Snow level 3500 feet.
Wednesday
Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain and snow showers. Snow level 3000 feet.

Yesterday was a nice summery day. Don't move here.

Lit a fire this morning, most likely keep it going until Sunday or Monday. Cold front, wet cold nasty rain, medium blustery north wind.

Been burning again. Temps not bad outside,40-45. I turned my floor heat in garage on again, just to keep the dog warm, after he got wacked on the road, anyway, come to hear water running, well, anyway my system is pressurized 18 PSI, so there is air in lines. So I open ball valve to fill system and it kept filling and filling. So now I got to put valves on all loops and isolate broken one. I got fan running from house to heat up garage. works pretty good. Keeps house 68 and garage 55.

So I stoked it up and had a lot of Pine and Maple in it. Probably the hottest it has ever been.

20150327_173839_zpsd4bb70fe.jpg
20150327_173853_zpsa20cb1d7.jpg
20150327_173856_zpsfe669913.jpg

Flatlander...

They upped it a bit but it will still be below the pass level. This is the forecast for the Southern Warshington Cascades--those things called mountains.

Tuesday
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain and snow showers. Snow level 3500 feet.
Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain and snow showers. Snow level 3500 feet.
Wednesday
Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain and snow showers. Snow level 3000 feet.

Yesterday was a nice summery day. Don't move here.

Well being from nh, I guess I'm a flatlander. I do live about 200ft above sea level. But I suppose the 48 mountains in the state don't count. Or Mt Washington that has recorded the worlds highest winds of 231 mph. But here at 2ft above sea level there is still snow on the ground with more to come tonight.

Back