• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Windsor Chain. 3/8lp, and 3/8 Full Chisel Full Skip New Pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I USED to think Stihl chain was best...
I still do, it`s pricey but it works the best for me and my cutting style.

Instead of an online debate, why don't you guys buy some of this chain, and do a side by side test?

I'll break a roll in half, and send you each 50'.

Hmmm?

I hear you Jon, if I had a saw that could use either chain you got up there I would take a roll. I don`t have any low pro chains or bars on my little collection nor do I have a use for skip chain. If it were semi skip or full chisel then I could use a roll up very quickly. My saws eat 3/8 X .063 for lunch when cutting black spruce, the dead limbs on them are hard as sun bleached whale bone....LOL

I hear you Jon, if I had a saw that could use either chain you got up there I would take a roll. I don`t have any low pro chains or bars on my little collection nor do I have a use for skip chain. If it were semi skip or full chisel then I could use a roll up very quickly. My saws eat 3/8 X .063 for lunch when cutting black spruce, the dead limbs on them are hard as sun bleached whale bone....LOL

You do know that I have some reels of Oregon 3/8 063, right?

Also, I wish the Windsor 50APLX was Semi Skip. Although it is full chisel.

BUMP FOR SOME USA MADE, Quality chain at super cheap prices!

Jon, If I wasn't just a saw fixer' and I was more of a cutter, I would be all over this!

Great deals here..... and it is firewood cutting time y'all!!!!

Jon i have used a couple loops of this now and i can say with out a doubt this chain is sharper off the reel and way tougher than any thing i'v used the last few years. if there is a negative at all its that its a little hard to break, but that cuz i'm breaking Canadian chain with a china breaker punch lol.
if i had the extra scratch, i'd grab another roll. i bet square ground in this stuff would be awesome!

BUMP FOR SOME USA MADE, Quality chain at super cheap prices!

Jon, If I wasn't just a saw fixer' and I was more of a cutter, I would be all over this!

Great deals here..... and it is firewood cutting time y'all!!!!

Thanks for the Bump.

Jon i have used a couple loops of this now and i can say with out a doubt this chain is sharper off the reel and way tougher than any thing i'v used the last few years. if there is a negative at all its that its a little hard to break, but that cuz i'm breaking Canadian chain with a china breaker punch lol.
if i had the extra scratch, i'd grab another roll. i bet square ground in this stuff would be awesome!

Mike,

Thanks for the endorsement. I have taken to pregrinding some of the rivet head off with a dremel before I use my breaker.

Thanks for the Bump.

Mike,

Thanks for the endorsement. I have taken to pregrinding some of the rivet head off with a dremel before I use my breaker.
yep, got to on this. i made some punch pins from roller bearings that are much better. if these dudes would try this chain, they'd wipe ya out.

Jon do you have any loops of the Windsor 3/8 skip can I can give a try? I sure would like to try a loop to see if it works for us. I'm sure it would being we don't log but I'm not up on chain styles. We run all stihl rs

Jon do you have any loops of the Windsor 3/8 skip can I can give a try? I sure would like to try a loop to see if it works for us. I'm sure it would being we don't log but I'm not up on chain styles. We run all stihl rs

Nic,

What length loop would you like to test out?

Latest posts

Back