Winter 2010 non-chainsaw rebuild projects

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought a nice 1994 Sea-Ray 18ft bowrider. 4.3 Chevy 4bbl, alpha 1 leg.
Unit has a little over 200hrs.
PO forgot to winterize it.
Block and one head badly cracked.
I found a 1993 Jimmy engine complete with 120,000kms,
still has crosshatch.
The engine is now at the machine shope gettting marinized, but only the stuff I am not equipped to do.
I will put in new bearings, rings, oil pump, lifters etc.
Easy part is the wife likes this project!!

Just bought a nice 1994 Sea-Ray 18ft bowrider. 4.3 Chevy 4bbl, alpha 1 leg.
Unit has a little over 200hrs.
PO forgot to winterize it.
Block and one head badly cracked.
I found a 1993 Jimmy engine complete with 120,000kms,
still has crosshatch.
The engine is now at the machine shope gettting marinized, but only the stuff I am not equipped to do.
I will put in new bearings, rings, oil pump, lifters etc.
Easy part is the wife likes this project!!

Nice my boat needs a new transom. Hopefully will get that done in the spring.

Nice my boat needs a new transom. Hopefully will get that done in the spring.
attachment.php

Thanks
It was the PO's baby. Here is a picture of the inside when I went to take
it apart.
Its as mint as a boat that old can be.
The local dealer quoted him $7500 for the job!!!!
The PO was also nice enough to replace the cracked manifolds before he realized the engine was hatched!!
Transoms aren't fun, I have done floors and stringers.:cheers:

Last edited:
I am finishing the rebuild of a 1940's vintage sears narrow kerf bench saw. I have it cutting but still some polishing to do. These things are great tablesaws for finish work.

you even been on iboats?

Reminds me I have to winterize my boat :dizzy:

At least its an outboard.

1986 Simplicity Sunstar,

Kohler horizontal magnum 20, threw a rod.

Nice tractor, hydraulic lift, hydrostat with the wide rear tires, moonies, 60 inch deck.

Got it free from my FILs neighbor, but the parts are pretty dear for these old Kohlers.

She will be my "bush hog" when finished.

Small Riding Mower w/B&S 10 hp

The son-in-laws old riding mower has seen better days & I plan to freshen up the motor for him. The best alternative would be to replace it, but I've got to keep my fingernails greasy somehow. I've done a lot of car & motorcycle engines & a couple Evinrude 70's but this will be my first small Briggs (that I can remember):dizzy: The principal is the same, but darn it's gonna be hard to find those tiny parts when I drop them on the floor!

attachment.php

1979 BEI Blueberry harvester.
The current owner of the company, welded his name on the internal framing right next to it's two digit serial number LOL!

Finally got serious on it the other day after waiting too long.
Replaced about 300 Rivets and added a few, rewired the main harness from the Generator to the blowers and outlets, and a bunch of long needed minor TLC to the old Waukesha.

Down to replacing/repairing the right front Hydro drive motor, and correcting a left rear wheel/sprocket so the drive chain stays on, and some minor wiring nightmares.
Then some polish work on all that stainless steel and some paint.

Also am thinking of wiring for night harvest lighting and a thumping Stereo.
With a spare 10kv to play with, it might get more than a little wierd.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

This winter's project is a 72ish sperry/new holland s12 garden tractor. she ran like a raped ape all summer but has developed some electircal problems since the leaves changed. other than rewiring her and replacing the ignition switch it will mostly be regular maintenance. Gotta get her put back together so i can go play in the snow.

You got pics of that horse?VERY nice tillers.:cheers:

Didn't they originally come with Techumseh engines?

Yup, the 1974 Troy Built Tiller did have a Techumseh engine on it. I believe it was a 6hp motor. When I called Troy Built to get the parts, the guy on the phone said that those old 6hp motors were just about equal in power to today's 5hp engines.

I can tell you the new 8hp Kohler really woke that machine up. What a difference.

I don't have pics, but will try to go out to the shed to shoot one.

attachment.php

1979 BEI Blueberry harvester.
The current owner of the company, welded his name on the internal framing right next to it's two digit serial number LOL!

Finally got serious on it the other day after waiting too long.
Replaced about 300 Rivets and added a few, rewired the main harness from the Generator to the blowers and outlets, and a bunch of long needed minor TLC to the old Waukesha.

Down to replacing/repairing the right front Hydro drive motor, and correcting a left rear wheel/sprocket so the drive chain stays on, and some minor wiring nightmares.
Then some polish work on all that stainless steel and some paint.

Also am thinking of wiring for night harvest lighting and a thumping Stereo.
With a spare 10kv to play with, it might get more than a little wierd.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Looks like its hungry for husky.

Back