Winter gloves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked all over town today looking for atlas gloves, but no one had any. Got some brand x wannabee ones for two bucks at tractor supply. They are not extra thick thermal, just cheap thin cotton with some rough rubbery coating on the palm side. Guess Ill have to order some, but not digging on getting 12 pair.

I have been using the Kinco latex dipped gloves all fall. Very impressed with the abuse they take. I usually blow thru a pair of leather gloves in about a month.

I am still on the original pair I bought back in September. Just switched over to the Kinco Frost Breakers as my hands were getting too cold.

One of he things that I really like is that even when they are wet, they still have "grip" unlike leather gloves which become slippery.

I use these from lowes. They aren't exactly the 'best' but are pretty warm and hold up ok. I always have a few pairs, if I get one wet ill just switch gloves. I also have a few pairs of leather palmed gloves I try to use when splitting or handling wood more. Less comfortable but hold up better.

a3aru7e5.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I am partial to Kinco's and Carhartt winter gloves.

My advice: if you use these for loading the stove, get ones that will not upset you when they catch on fire or get chucked in the stove along with a log.

First flame up this year actually came the other night. Was in the stove "re-arranging" when I noticed my hand getting a little hot. :dizzy:

71498A65-76D7-4582-B8C1-99C01851BF16-66046-00000CCF799CAF57.jpg

Neighbor was watching out the window by chance and saw a fireball come flying out of stove house following by me chasing it and stomping on it.

He said that he chuckled and that I was lucky it wasn't my arm....again......due to no snow pile to jam it into.:hmm3grin2orange: I nodded in agreement.

This was from a year before.

IMG_0414.jpg

So that's my advice. Good luck. :msp_thumbup:

You should try wearing insulated, fire-resistant welding gloves (< $10 from local hardware store) for loading up the stove...works great for me. They aren't "fireproof" but they're damn near close and pretty cheap.

Kinda like these -> 3 Pair 14" Split Cowhide Welding Gloves

My advice: if you use these for loading the stove, get ones that will not upset you when they catch on fire or get chucked in the stove along with a log.

You can pickup a 3 pack of long welding gloves at harbor freight for cheap: 3 Pair 14" Split Cowhide Welding Gloves

I go through a pair every year so it works out great, or should I say I go through a right handed glove per year.

Looked all over town today looking for atlas gloves, but no one had any. Got some brand x wannabee ones for two bucks at tractor supply. They are not extra thick thermal, just cheap thin cotton with some rough rubbery coating on the palm side. Guess Ill have to order some, but not digging on getting 12 pair.

Ace hardware here has them.:msp_biggrin:

Really like the Kinco's. If you have an OWB you will burn/melt the fabric part on the top but they will still last all year. I have one pair that I'm still using from last year but I just started to wear a hole in two fingers from picking up wood.

Ace hardware here has them.:msp_biggrin:

First place I looked, they didnt have them here. I really just wanted to try a pair, not commit to a dozen. Want to try the different recommended gloves out in order, then decide which I like best, wanted to start with the cheapest. The two dollar wannabe clone atlas gloves I found at TSC are working OK so far, real easy to grab wood with them.

I'm with you on the leather gloves. They don't last me long before they're full of holes. If it's not too cold out, I use the yellow cotton dot gloves from HF. You can use both sides when the dots wear off. Last a good while. Every now and then I get a pair that just won't fit :msp_thumbdn:. I'm going to find some Atlas gloves, look good to me.

I made it to Ace Hardware last night. 4 hours in the woods with the Atlas gloves today. Great for running the saw. I will most likely get a dozen online.

Thanks guys for the recommendation.

Jeff

At my local Ace you can get them in a six pack (I just like the term six pack)

I only used two sets of gloves this summer they last a long time if you don't loose one glove ;)

Excellent cold weather gloves!!!

After reading this thread, I really want to try these Atlas gloves out. Are there any other stores that sell them other than Ace?

I want to get a couple of pairs before I buy a 12 box online.

I use the Yellow rubber coated cloth gloves from HF, they are great for running saws.
Not for splitting wood with a Maul though!
For Splitting I buy the leather gloves from Baileys.

The yellow gloves, my grandson calles them "Sweaty Hands Gloves"
if you wear them in warm/hot weather your hands will smell just like you worked the night crew at the Funion Factory...:bang::bang::bang:

Latest posts

Back