Winter Storm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back tonight, I drove through Asheville around 9 am. Tought of calling you, but figgured you would be real buissy right now and I was felling a little crappy. The restfull 14 hour drive home did me some good.

That pic DDM posted looked like a lot of the willow oaks we were in, though most not that bad. Ox got a lot og pics on his digi cam, so we should see a few of them next week. I forgot mine.

Still a lot of work out there, might see wats up after the hollidays. Though a lot of companies are moving in for several months, that'll drive prices down!

Lotta woodticks in there spiking and topping, we were doing hazard mitigation only. Leaving as many stubs to sprout up as possible for future crown restoration.

JPS,

I hope that you had a good trip, sorry I missed you.

I started in the business with a company called Bentwoods Tree Service in Raleigh. I learned mostly all the wrong things to do as far as climbing, but I learned alot about removals. I should get in touch with him....

I was in Raleigh when Fran hit. It was the most incredible thing I've ever seen, so if it resembled that, you must have been busy. We went from customer to customer and bid 4 to 5 thousand a day for about 2 weeks straight for removing trees from houses. We worked for the first weeks just removing the trees and went back for the cleanup.

Oh well, I'll be better prepared next storm.

Good to hear from you,
Dan

The damage estimates are reported to be 25% of Fran. Probably because she took the worst defects out.

Seen a lot of spike marks from back then, and not a few of them with wet wood seapage and cankering. To bad i forgot my digicam back here.

It was real fun and the money was not too bad, expences ate a lot out of it though. I figure around 65/day just to eat and sleep, that's because Ox and I shared a room. Fuel round trip cost aroun 400...

Latest posts

Back