Wiseco Piston and Hybrid Ceramic Bearings from Dominant Saws for 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pistons can be used for any purpose. The popups are for drop in compression increase. I think Dave is using "race" as slang. They are flat because compression can be increased with two piece or squish cut. Just two options will have available.

I've been using 346 popup in a stock cylinder with no issues.

This would be sweet if the 372 piston could be used in a stock saw. Guys can port them and then still run a base gasket with this piston and have a crazy strong saw....hmmm

This would be sweet if the 372 piston could be used in a stock saw. Guys can port them and then still run a base gasket with this piston and have a crazy strong saw....hmmm
Yes that would be awesome if they came out with a drop in pop up piston for a stock saw

I do love a shameless plug :D

About 2 years in the design phase of this model, bouncing around in the heads of smart chainsaw gurus. After some bizarre manufacturing glitches and a lot of weeping and pleading we are really happy with these.

All pistons 1mm single ring, centered on intake, lightened, with coatings to ring land
346xp ne 44.3mm pop-up - one on hold for Adirondackstihl raffle, sold out
346xp ne 44.3mm flat top race - one on hold for Adirondackstihl raffle, sold out
MS661 pop-up 56mm - ring incompatible with Stihl plating, three in stock, new rings in the works from Total Seal
MS66o pop-up 54mm pop-up - windowless, ring incompatible with Stihl plating, sold out
MS660 pop-up 56mm big bore - windowless, ring incompatible with Stihl plating, sold out
365 Special 48mm race, one on hold for customer, sold out
372xp 50mm race, three in stock
372xpw 51.4mm race, one in stock
372 big bore 52mm race, sold out
3140 husqvarna 62mm big bore, more than 5 in stock

A bunch of smart builders grabbed some up this past weekend at the Hedgefest races and we had all 10 models on hand for fondling and show and tell :)
I am planning to take the ten samples and a a few of the pieces we still have in stock to Michigan for EJs GTG this weekend and any of the other GTGs i can attend this year.

We have a lot of other models in the works already, we try to get a lot of input from racers and builders ahead of time and put the product in the hand of real saw men to torture test and try to destroy in the woods before offering any for sale.

Upcoming:
60mm windowed 1mm and 1.2mm single ring race and pop up versions for 084/088/ms880/3120
181 full circle skirt thin ring race
281 full circle single ring 1.2mm race and pop up
288 full circle single 1mm ring race and 1.2mm pop up
MS661 race and pop up versions 1.2mm ring
MS660 54 and 56mm race and pop up 1.2mm single ring
346xp ne and oe race and pop up 1mm single ring
Race and pop up versions for 7900, 2100, 044, 046, ms461, 056 mag2, 166
Any 390 ones in the pipeline?

I have run ceramic bearings in a couple other saws with good results. It's critical to use those with black Si3n4 balls, not the white ZrO2 balls. The ZrO2 balls will fail within a tank or two. I have run hybrid ceramic bearings with Si3n4 balls for several years in a high RPM 346XP with no issues at all. I also have them in my piped 390XP.
Why ceramic or steel crank bearings?

they've been used as part of the secret to big power in 2-stroke racing machines (such as 125GP and 250GP racebikes, this I know for certain) - they can be MUCH lighter (like 50-60%), plus less friction.

Power costs money!

The primary use of ceramic hybrid bearings (ceramic balls with steel races) are in electric motors. The ceramic is an insulator and eliminates stray voltage passing through the bearing and damaging it. An advantage is they can withstand continued operation in the absents of lubricant. The ceramic balls will not micro weld to the race and damage it. Otherwise they have a comparable rated life and load capacity as of steel bearings but slightly less rolling resistance.

Latest posts

Back