wiz 55 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric_271

ArboristSite King
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
When I let off the throttle from full speed the engine is slow to idle down. I just kitted the carb and cleaned it,checked all the orfices and put a new fuel filter in the tank. If the reed valve is bad could that cause it to take to long to get back down to idle? I made sure the carb is tight and new gaskets. Could crank shaft seals cause this? It seems like a vacume leak/ lean prob.

If you are talking about an old Homelite Wiz then there should be a spring on the throttle blade that closes it when you are off the gas. I know because my ZIP is missing it

I got it fixed. Ray Benson sent me mixture and idle settings on this old saw which I needed pretty bad. Turns out I had my idle setting to high to start with and then was trying to set H and L settings off of that. The saw sounds and runs good now and the idle comes down like it should. Some day I might have to change my ideas and start reading the insturctions first.

Latest posts

Back