wood ash uses

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mix them with sawdust and make me some good pancakes........a little Mrs. Buttersworth and that's some good eatin' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henry and Wanda

I've always thrown mine over top of the horse manure pile. I mix it up with the FEL on the tractor and put it on the garden in the spring. or give some away to family & friends.

Some to the garden... some in the chuck holes... some over the bank, and some in the driveway. Most times though they just end up over the bank mixed in with soil, branches, and everything else trying to reclaim what mother nature took away a while ago. The creek has long since re-routed so no runoff issues.

Now with the move I will have to figure out the disposal of those wonderful leftovers.

The topsoil in my yard is high in acid due to the predominance of pines. I mound it up...mix the wood ashes into it all winter long....in the spring i mix it all up with the composted chicken manure and kitchen scraps and voila...kick ass soil for the garden. Of course all the heavy mixing is done with the fel..too old for all that shoveling..ha ha ha.

Back