wood cookstove question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawaddict

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What are these stoves worth? I have a chance to get an enormous stove, dont know much about it, only that it is about 75 years old and in good shape. It was used up until about 10 years ago. Ive been wanting one for my house, but this it sounds like this sucker is too big. What should I look for to make sure its some decent equipment before i drag it home?:dizzy:

the new ones are very expensive but I dont know about one that old.
You can try the ********** forums there are alot of guys there that know about old stoves. Of course a picture would help.

without seeing a picture of the stove you're talking about i can't offer much help as to what to look for. from my understanding they are pretty much bulletproof, if taken care of at least halfway decent.

up where we hunt in the U.P. Mrs. Wixtrom still uses a wood fire cooking stove from time to time. She bakes her pies in it. Someone asked her once how she controls the temperature on it, her reply was "if its not warm enough i just add another log eh? if its too hot, i just take one out. simple enough."

Latest posts

Back