Wood,hunting buddy is with God now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrappieKeith

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Buck has been fighting off a couple of tick borne diseases and we finally lost his battle.
He died in my arms as we cuddled for the last time last night.
Here's a poem a facebook friend posted...

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Rest in peace lil buddy.
Picture308.jpg

Last edited:
Loosing a pet, especially one that has been a close friend is one of the hardest things I have had to deal with. You have my condolances and thoughts my friend. CJ

The old saying: A dog is man's best friend.
One that is true in loyalty, character, and personality, is impossible to replace. We lost Anney years ago, and still have an empty spot in our hearts for her. That's her in my Avatar. I know your pain of loss. My sympathy
Sage

I am very sorry.
I am sure you gave Buck all the love he deserved and more.

Our furry friends capture our hearts.
They give us loyal love and a magical joy.
They possess God-given instinctive wisdom and charm.
And just a simple touch from them is enough to raise our spirits.

Give yourself time.

Keith,

Feeling like I know you after reading through your particpation here, and I think I know while you have a real sadness now, you're the kind of guy that will find another pup, and make it into a truly great dog. The kind of dog that will be as good a friend and companion that Buck was.

Dog people are real people, the kind of people that know God made their lifepsans short so we could enjoy more of them.

I look at my two current buds, the Tard and the Stinkmeister (real names changed to protect the innocent) and reflect on what good times we've had to date, and am happy they are good boys, and am looking forward to more good times to come.

Part of this reflection is a wish that they set a high standard for the ones that will be sure to follow, while they are doing their best to reach the standards of the ones that came before them.

I'm sending all the rep I got- not for you Keith.

For Buck.

And dad to keep my dumbass out of trouble
A Dog is the only thing on Earth that loves You more than he loves Himself.

Logger, I cnp'ed your signature line, between the two, I know what you mean. Really, I do. Sorry for you, too- You get all I got tommorrow, for your fourlegged biscuit eater.

Keith, I am very sorry to hear that you have lost your partner in crime.

Owned over 30 bird dogs/field trial dogs...and trained over 250 for clients.

It does not get any easier when one passes away.

Kevin

I can't think of the right thing to say. Makes me want to go spend time with my Bud tho , maybe tell him we will soon be spending more time together when i retire in the fall. He turns 10 in nov and is having hip problems.
Hang in there Kieth and heres sum rep.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know what it's like...I had two of my pets die in my arms....it really tears you up !!!! Just remember all the good times you had together and it should help you feel a little better.

Henry and Wanda

It's never easy to lose your best friend, especially to a disease. My prayers go out to you, stay strong!

Keith,

Hey man sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and Buck, I know exactly what you are going through, I have burried two myself in the past few years. I hope you don't mind I copied the Rainbow Bridge poem and have it hanging in my locker. There is another one out there about a man and his dog going to heaven, I think it was Stihl Sawing that posted it originally, I can't find it right now but will keep looking for it for you. When I get home in the morning, Cinders, my current guardian angel, and I will take an extra moment together while doing chores and remember Buck, a friend whom we never met.

Peter

Sorry to hear. I lost a dog yesterday too. It never gets easier. stay strong.

My hope for you is that the pain of the loss turns into the memory of appreciation for your dog.

i'm trying to get there. I wake up and I'm still saying good morning to him.Checking his water and when it's time to go to work I'm like.c'mon bud let's go outside....only there's no water pan,no food dish,no balls or bones to kick out of the way and there's no Buck.
At night when I come home I feel the anxiety of knowing I can't get home soon enough to help him.He's gone and I can't stop crying.
I want to
go be with him but the closest I can do is lay next to his grave beside the house.

Last edited:
Back