WOOD ID. I know, do you?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, you "liked" my last post (clue?)...someone mentioned ornamentals...got me thinking, I went back and looked at some old Honey Locust pictures that I posted when my stacks were getting bored full of holes (could go out and look in person, but I'm kinda comfy in muh recliner)
Anyways, I originally thought it was some variation of locust but not HL, but now after looking at my old pics, Honey locust would be my final answer Regis

....it still looks like firewood,,looking at that ratty cut, I'd guess it was cut with a stihl, the mingo marks are well hidden, but I bet he used one!! Probably has a moisture meter in his pocket and a big blue tarp to cover it with...I'd almost bet the guy is a Canukistanian!!:Do_O:dizzy:

....it still looks like firewood,,looking at that ratty cut, I'd guess it was cut with a stihl, the mingo marks are well hidden, but I bet he used one!! Probably has a moisture meter in his pocket and a big blue tarp to cover it with...I'd almost bet the guy is a Canukistanian!!:Do_O:dizzy:
An equal opportunity offender!:laugh:

I actually just ground the stump a few months ago, from my dad's tree. Looked just like the butt end pic you have. The tree was about 30 years old, we got some fruit on it 1 or 2 years of that.

Back