wood shed ideas on a budget.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My woodshed plan includes tarps, I intend to redneck engineer a roll up tarp on at least one side that I can leave open in the summer and roll down come winter to keep the snow out. I plan on walls on the E and W ends, open to the S and the roll down tarp on the N wall, it should keep 80-90% of the snow out of my wood.

No help on the structure itself, I'm no woodworker. Metal can be welded back together if I cut it too short, wood not so much LOL!

My woodshed plan includes tarps, I intend to redneck engineer a roll up tarp on at least one side that I can leave open in the summer and roll down come winter to keep the snow out. I plan on walls on the E and W ends, open to the S and the roll down tarp on the N wall, it should keep 80-90% of the snow out of my wood.

No help on the structure itself, I'm no woodworker. Metal can be welded back together if I cut it too short, wood not so much LOL!

Saw a woodshed that had 3 sides with roll up tarp walls outside Land O Lakes Wi. Believe it was behind Whitey's bait shop. Logsplitter sat in the middle, wood stacked next to the 3 walls.

Forgot to mention one other idea:

I plan on lining the sides with cattle panels, basically heavy wire in a # pattern, get them at your local farm store. This will keep my mediocre stacking from tipping over.

Ray, I got the tarp idea from the local dairies, that use the roll up tarps to regulate temp inside the barns instead of the old fashioned fan setups in the old barns.

Never been to Land O Lakes, might be a road trip!

Latest posts

Back