Wood Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyfarm

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions in the $1500.00 or less range? Would prefer experienced answers with the info about where you bought it and what model it is! Not tryin to be rude, they are just hard to find around here and it appears that the big 3 stores all carry the same splitter??

Anyway lookin for experienced answers....not my wife's uncle pete's cousin had a really nice one! Thanks in advance....Lookin to buy soon and am lookin at 25ton plus!

I also can go pull behind gas or hydraulic 3-point style

Last edited:
I have a 35 ton Huskee from TS that I love. I got mine a few years ago but it was less than $1500 on sale. I have not had any problems with it and it has not be stopped yet.

I hope this helps.

Log Boss

I have a Log Boss which is made in my hometown of Marble Rock, Iowa. This is a very powerful splitter and is very compact in size. I uses a power booster which enables the use of a smaller ram to create tons of power. It will cut a Red Elm crotch across the grain. Just go to Log Boss Mfg.com and it will have pictures and information. The number is Phone: (866) 242-8555. I can very highly recommend this splitter. It can be put in the back of a pickup pretty easily, and is in your price range. I am not a part of this business, but they are friends of mine and make a GREAT product. JR

An 8lb maul and a couple of steel wedges ($100) will give you good service on most homeowner type wood. Anything that gives you trouble, just block it up with a chainsaw. A husky 372xp with a 20” ($800) will make short work out of most firewood type logs (assuming you are reducing them to 16”). You might get a lot of noodles but they burn just fine. If you are burning wood for your own heat, just cut the wood so it fits into your stove. No need to be fancy. Good Luck!

Well, i ended up buying a 27 ton Ariens unit from my local Stihl dealer. Just wanted to check in and say that after splitting around 15 cords so far...I couldn't be happier with my purchase! Haven't found anything that will stop it, as long as you have the balls to pull the lever!!

Latest posts

Back