Wood Wolf Vs Super Split

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do they split stringy wood or notty stuff. been saving for a spliter just wondering. looking into a timberwolf or supersplit. MNGuns you should bring it over to the gtg in becker this fall.

MMgunns can better answer than me, but mine splits the stringy/knotty wood just fine. I tried it on some very stringy sycamore and it would slow down but usually push right through. When it does get stopped, just disengage the ram and hit it again. Supposed to work even better when broke-in. I had one really knotty piece of oak that took three hits, and was still quicker than a hydro slowly powering through. :cheers:

MMgunns can better answer than me, but mine splits the stringy/knotty wood just fine. I tried it on some very stringy sycamore and it would slow down but usually push right through. When it does get stopped, just disengage the ram and hit it again. Supposed to work even better when broke-in. I had one really knotty piece of oak that took three hits, and was still quicker than a hydro slowly powering through. :cheers:

thats pretty cool. id really like to see one in action. also they really that hard to move by hand. id have to move it about 50 feet with a slight downhill. by hand. it wouldnt be everyday

was still quicker than a hydro slowly powering through.

Not all hydros are created equal. A 3PT hitch version with a PTO mounted pump will not change speeds when it encounters a restriction assuming the tractor's hp is sufficient to be relatively unaffected by the change in pump load. That is because they use single stage pumps. I have a 6 sec (worst case) one way travel regardless of what I am splitting on my TW-3.

I will grant you that on average the SuperSplit is faster than mine but having a splitter any faster than you can work is really wasted speed IMHO and I can't keep up with mine. And don't even get me started what the 4-way wedge does to this comparison. :)

how do they split stringy wood or notty stuff. been saving for a spliter just wondering. looking into a timberwolf or supersplit. MNGuns you should bring it over to the gtg in becker this fall.

Missed the memo for the Becker GTG. Sure could get it there as I am only 15 minutes away.

:givebeer:

will do

im off work for a while. ill see if my uncle would come to he just baught a timberwolf and wants a super splitter now. ill pm you thanks

OK, I'll fess up. I ordered a Super Split last week. Should be here in a week or so as of now.... We have a bit of wood to split... The picture doesn't do it justice as it must be 12' deep.....

attachment.php

And there's a bunch more still on the land...

OK, I'll fess up. I ordered a Super Split last week. Should be here in a week or so as of now.... We have a bit of wood to split... The picture doesn't do it justice as it must be 12' deep.....

attachment.php

And there's a bunch more still on the land...

Yep, that's a lot of wood! You will love the Super Split! :cheers:

Bah...someone really drinking the Firewood, Heating,and Woodburning Equipemnt Forum kool-aid would be ordering a Fiskars and planning to finish that in an afternoon.

Already got one o' them. It bounces off the oak rounds most of the time...:laugh:

Latest posts

Back