Woodchuck wc19 what could go wrong ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awschit

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently acquired a woodchuck wc19 with no power unit I have a Cummins 6bt i was thinking of putting the two of them together ...... What could go wrong ???

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I believe you'll have issues mounting the 6BT to the chipper. What engine was in it before? If it was other than a Cummins, you'll have to change the motor mounts and reconfigure them. I don't believe I've ever seen a 6BT on a Woodchuck. If it had a Cummins, it would more than likely have a 4BT in the chipper. You could also have an issue with the clutch if you go with the 6BT. Most chippers that are a 4 cylinder have a single 11" disk for the clutch. Most 6 cylinders have a double 11" disk. Another issue could be the size of the dog house as it was designed for a 4 cylinder and not a 6.

I would consider finding the make and size of engine that was in the chipper previously.

I wish I would have had more positives than negatives.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Well when I say they took the motor off of I mean they robbed it there's no mounts no clutch no doghouse so I was allreaddy planning on fabricating the mounts and doghouse as for the clutch I'll find one that will handle the torque of the 12 valve I think it had a johndeer powertech in it in its previous life or this motor was robbed to replace a powertech but not positive I wasn't really interested in where it went cuz it wasn't coming back I will also need to come up with a hydraulic pump anyone know what size pump these came with ?? ....... I was going to go with a 4bt but I ended up with a running 6bt for 1100$ I can't even find a good everything there core motor in a 4bt for that money ......... as far as never seen a wc19 with a 6bt ..... Well I don't really see a whole lot out there on the wc19 so anything you guys can tell me i would appreciate ...... If I get this going it will be my first self feeder I'm kinda dun with my poor little Chuck n duck I know I'm green but bear with me thanks

I wish I could help you with the hydraulic pump. I don't know how many GPM's you'll need with a 6 cylinder as I'm not a hydraulic engineer. The pumps I see on other chippers are Haldex, Casappa, and Vickers.

I was at the woodsman field days today and had a peek a.t and brush bandit its specs called out 2 x 32 cubic inch hydraulic motors running on 4.4 gallons per min hydraulic pump total output 8.8 gallons per min ....... My woodchuck is supposed to have 2 x 18 cubic inch motors the feed rate is 90 inches per min the bandit is 100 I need to figure the difference between the feed roller diameters and then I should have I good idea what size pump I need

Latest posts

Back