Woodmizer LT-10 video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDB777

I find unique timber and cut it up
Reaction score
After re-uploading the video it is working....finally.

[video=youtube;aF68LrN-tJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF68LrN-tJE[/video]

It'll actually go all the way to 1080HD if you have a good internet connection and like the higher quality image.....

So blast away everyone!
Not a PRO, just a guy that likes to makes his own boards....

Thanks for watching.
Scott (SDB777) B

Looking good Scott!

How old was the ERC? as in how long ago was it cut, what blades were you using and what was the set?

I see with the LT-10 the more milling you do the taller you get!

Jeremy

One odd feature of the Woodmizer mills is they feed the sawdust out on the operator. I've noticed that before, and in this video it looks as if it's blowing the dust in your face.

Looks like the mill does the job though...:clap:

One odd feature of the Woodmizer mills is they feed the sawdust out on the operator. I've noticed that before, and in this video it looks as if it's blowing the dust in your face.

Looks like the mill does the job though...:clap:

Scott has that all looked after, the USGI SawDust Boots MKIII, dead easter bunny hat to cover his ears from filling up with sawdust, saving money on tooth paste as the grit in the sawdust is keeping his teeth white and clean as can be! Its all worth the fun of running a mill!

Definately MAD!

You guys are a HOOT!

Apologizes for the floppy hat....wife insists I use something to keep the back of my neck from getting any darker with the Arkysaw sun burning down on me! Guess she doesn't like applying the sunscreen?

Using Woodmizer blades, at least right now. These are the blades that are advertised as Hardwood? They cut, no doubt about that....but even with the slower then average feed it is a very rough cut. I'd really like a smoother cutting blade.... That means some researching.

Sawdust in the face.... Yup, Murphy's Law definitely played into that! Until the video camera was present the sawdust was actually blowing away from me, but the winds changed and so did the direction of the dust. Was thinking about using an old rubber boot to funnel the dust closer to the ground before discharging. But I also forsee the 'boot' getting clogged at some point and don't really want the hassle.

Of course the video didn't show, but I stacked a 'wad' of boards up and used a few clamps to hold them together. Then re-mounted them on the sawmill to make 3/4 x 3/4 x (whatever lenght those were) sticks. Just out of the video screen is my miter saw with a block set at 5-3/16".... So the short answer, made 1500 pen blanks in about 3hrs time. And at $0.50/ea, well ya'll can do that math:blob2:

Thanks for watching!
Scott B

Back