WoodMizer Lt15

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What is a 1999 model worth. It says it can cut up tp 15ft long and 28" wide. It comes with some extra blades. Looks to be in good shape. It's not trailer mounted. Is tis a good mill? I don;t know anytheing about them. I would like to have a mill but don't want to buy junk or pay to much. They are asking $3850 for it. Also if I have a bunch of oak logs and a skid steer to move them with what kind of production could I expect once I moved past the learning curve. How many board feet a day?

Thanks Scott

I just paid $4500 for a LT15 in pristine shape. The one you are looking at has one extension because they only cut 11' in the stock configuration. The extension is over $500 new but it is a 6'8" extension, so unless yours is home made it should cut to 17'8".
What size engine & how many hours on it?

RD

It does have the extension from wood mizer. It also has the siding/shingle cutter. It has a Kohler 13hp engine. i bought it today. The engine wouldn't fire but it has compression. It doesn't have any spark. I paid 3k for it. this will be my first mill. I'm not sure of the hours. As of right now i have 3 trailers to deck, 500ft of ceder fence, and new cattle corals to make. So I should be busy.

Scott

That Kohler is 15hp... That mill should, if it's in good shape, should last you a long long time...

Rob

i look at one in 1999 new at a tree show it was $4300 .00 that was with 8' ralls so thats good tom trees

Geeze 3K is a steal. Are you positive it has no spark? The coils on thos engines are pretty tough. If it sat for any length of time I would bet on a carb issue. If it sat a really long time I would clean the carb once, if that didn't fix it I would just buy a new carb.
If you want to get rid of the shingle/siding jig let me know as I am planning on buying one.

RD

Oh, and where are the pic's?????

Dono specifically about the Kohler engine...but have found that most small engines use a magnet on the flywheel as both a trigger and power source for the ignition. Two things seem to hose this mechanism - too much distance between the magnet and the pickup and contamination/wear/rust on the various surfaces.

Would guess that you can get it right again by lightly sanding the magnet and pickup surfaces (guessing ~400grit paper) then solvent cleaning and re-assembling with a piece of paper as a clearance shim.

Thats a nice rig. I have been looking at the LT15. New it's around 6500.00 with the 6 foot extension. You got a good deal.

I went and got some of he parts for the mill and gave the guy some money. I picked up the engine so I could get it workings. He had 20 blades for it 7 were new. He had all the original paper work an manuals along with the videos. I'll get the mill as soon as I can locate a couple cattle that got out. We have been looking for them for 2 days. We almost had the last 2 in last night right before dark. She'll turn up. I can;t wait to get this mill going I have a lot of work lined up.

Scott

I spent the morning rounding up our 2 Clydesdales. They were 3 miles down walking on the road at dawn. We are lucky they didn't get hit or hurt someone flying thru a windshield. We rode them yesterday & I(knucklehead) left the hot wire gate open all night. My punishment was a 3 mile walk in the rain with a bucket of feed...........

RD

Back